Need help with iOS 6 install:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you guys do know you have to point to the ipsw using the iTunes method

Windows: hold shift, click on Restore (browse and find the iOS 6 beta)

Reactions: Darthstorm528

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I looked at TransMac, they want $40 to download it. I already spent enough on this Dev account, not going to spend any more..... Hubby will kill me when he finds this out as it is, tech stuff is expensive. :eek:

Do they still do a free trial? At least let us know once your up and running on whatever method you take.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It says "DMG" in the window box.

google for 'TransMac'... it's a .dmg unpacker software for windows... just download the trial version (good for 15 days)... you'll be able to extract the .ipsw file and use the iTunes method on a windows machine no prob... i did it last night without a hitch... Win7

Do they still do a free trial? At least let us know once your up and running on whatever method you take.

yes - i used it last night... 15 day trial using the free download... worked like a charm

Last edited:
Reactions: Garz

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem using the iTunes Method, it won't let me to open to the .ipsw file, it just does the actual restore. Running Windows 7, latest itunes version.

the imore how-to is wrong for the windows version... you have to hit the 'SHIFT' key when you click on 'Restore'... you'll then be able to pick the .ipsw file (which as stated, you can use TransMac to extract from the .dmg image file).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going back to Jailbreak now. I'll leave the beta testing to those who know what they are doing, this isn't for me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
you are sooo close! i can dropbox you an ipsw file if you like

Thanks, Blink. I just rejailbroke a few minutes ago, so I'll just read about your findings on here. To tell you the truth, I don't think I can live with Stock iOS for very long. I had too many tweaks and apps installed from Cydia that I missed already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes for $99, you might as well give it a shot. If you don't like it, you can always downgrade via DFU mode. At least I know on beta 1 it will.

Reactions: Eileen89

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ I might try again another time. I really do appreciate all the helpful advice and tips that you guys have given me.

iMore is the best site because of people like you who give their time to help others. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It was pretty easy for me. I also downloaded the .dmg and just converted it to .ipsw with the 15 day free trial of TransMac. Clicked restore while holding down the SHIFT key. Windows 7. Worked like a charm.

If iTunes won't open the file then just copy the .ipsw onto a flash drive and try a different computer.

wats60

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't get a good site to get the 4s downloaded. I registered UDID! Does it really take 12 hours to download !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
no doesn't take that long, but it does depend on your internet connection. I'll send you a pm with a link for download.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR