Step it up, Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Apple needs to step up their game. I have just moved to iPhone 4S from Android, and although IOS "just works", it lacks a some basic features that are native to Android. The new ICS on Android puts to rest any past complaints about lag and instability on Android devices, and people must be buying into it, as the new Samsung Galaxy SIII will be the best selling phone at launch of all time. I would really like to stay with iPhone, and believe me I am not bashing, but IOS6 is just a minor update, and seems to put Apple further behind. I have read the forums on this site for a long time, and since IOS6 was announced it seems as though a LOT of people are considering a switch to Android. If they go with one of the new ICS phones, this may not be a bad idea.

Reactions: Uselessbass

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Twaddle.

IF you think android is the best thing since sliced bread, go get one, and join the android forums.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
MWCpopcorn.gif

EDIT: .gif Fail!

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Twaddle.

IF you think android is the best thing since sliced bread, go get one, and join the android forums.

Where did I say it was the best? I will probably stay with iPhone, but Apple does need to step it up. Don't take things so personal, it's only a phone. LOL!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Where did I say it was the best? I will probably stay with iPhone, but Apple does need to step it up. Don't take things so personal, it's only a phone. LOL!

If you're so fond of Android, get one. Then go play in the android forums... yeah, it's just a phone... so why are you here, compelled to tell everyone here how their choice of Apple is inferior??? That makes me LOL - the number of people that feel some need to show up here and do nothing but spout off how Apple is crap, and the dairy product flavor of the week is the greatest thing since indoor plumbing... :eek: :confused:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're so fond of Android, get one. Then go play in the android forums... yeah, it's just a phone... so why are you here, compelled to tell everyone here how their choice of Apple is inferior??? That makes me LOL - the number of people that feel some need to show up here and do nothing but spout off how Apple is crap, and the dairy product flavor of the week is the greatest thing since indoor plumbing... :eek: :confused:

I have not said that Apple is inferior or crap, nor have I said that Android is the greatest. I am now using iPhone, and I like it, but I do have the right to express my opinions on how Apple could improve their phones, just as you can express your opinions. The difference between you and me is that I don't have an elitist attitude, and can read other's opinions without getting offended.
Have a blessed day!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you pappy, iOS 6 does feel like a minor update. It seems like something that would have been a point update when compared to how big of an update iOS 5 was, just last year. I'm hoping that as we get closer to the public release of iOS 6 more features will come to the light.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Nowhere in any part of his post did he say that Apple was crap or inferior. He simply stated that iOS 6 feels more like a minor update, which is a valid opinion. I feel like you are the one who is spouting off and not being helpful or contributing to the discussion. I've said my piece in this and I believe you should not approach a post as if someone is attacking you but actually take the time to process the posts and respond calmly to the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope that more improvements are on the way. I would like to see the ability to group SMS. I tried the "Group SMS" app, but all the recipients have to download the message. This seems like it would be a simple feature to add to IOS.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Apple needs to step up their game.

I have read the forums on this site for a long time, and since IOS6 was announced it seems as though a LOT of people are considering a switch to Android. If they go with one of the new ICS phones, this may not be a bad idea.

Personally, I see a lot of the "going to Android" posts as simply posturing by those who repeatedly are unhappy with every Apple product they've seen, but still buy them... sort of a "Munchausen by iPhone" thing.

And Pappy, that comment about the threats was NOT directed AT you, but rather a comment on your observation.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I see a lot of the "going to Android" posts as simply posturing by those who repeatedly are unhappy with every Apple product they've seen, but still buy them... sort of a "Munchausen by iPhone" thing.

This is probably true. I plan to stay with Apple, as I have been with Android for 2 years, but I would like to see some improvements, as I am sure everyone would.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Apple needs to step up their game. I have just moved to iPhone 4S from Android, and although IOS "just works", it lacks a some basic features that are native to Android. The new ICS on Android puts to rest any past complaints about lag and instability on Android devices, and people must be buying into it, as the new Samsung Galaxy SIII will be the best selling phone at launch of all time. I would really like to stay with iPhone, and believe me I am not bashing, but IOS6 is just a minor update, and seems to put Apple further behind. I have read the forums on this site for a long time, and since IOS6 was announced it seems as though a LOT of people are considering a switch to Android. If they go with one of the new ICS phones, this may not be a bad idea.

honestly man, this is an ios forum... if you dislike iOS6 and aren't happy with it and consider ICS to be SO much better for you, then seriously, GTFO. go vote with your dollars and buy an ICS phone...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

lol... exactly... they are empty threats... as if the "if iOS doesn't have X feature, i'm going to Android"... all I have to say to those folks... don't let the door hit you on the way out... and PS - those people will be back... lol

PS - i also have a GNex, running ICS... there are things it does better... but overall, having used BOTH, i prefer iOS...i'm running the iOS6 beta and really dig the new features... sure there are things i wish were included.... but i won't go bashing neither iOS or even ICS for that matter....

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
honestly man, this is an ios forum... if you dislike iOS6 and aren't happy with it and consider ICS to be SO much better for you, then seriously, GTFO. go vote with your dollars and buy an ICS phone...

You sure read a lot into my post. If you bother to read my later posts, you will see that I like Apple, but I do have opinions about the update. So, no, I will not "GTFO", as you so eloquently put it.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Or at least wait before making judgements. I won't see iOS 6 until i'm holding an iphone 5 in hand. But i'm pretty sure we'll see record sales. LTE alone will be a big improvement.

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Guys, give Pappy a break! All that was stated was that OS6 is lacking, and we will all have to continue to jailbreak to get what've want. But that's the Apple way, always has been. Truth hurts sometimes, but nothing's perfect. As he stated, he's not dumping the IPhone, just stating some facts, that by the way are true.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I understand your point, but c'mon, is anybody but Jony Ivy and Tim Cook happy with EVERY feature of EVERY Apple device? I'm disappointed at a few things, and I have the right to voice that displeasure if I choose. The OP simply voiced his opinion and is getting grilled for it... the biggest part of the issue is that we (the Apple user base) set the expectations SO high prior to every announcement that we can't help but be disappointed when the dust settles... but if we take a moment and analyze what is coming next, we generally end up satisfied with the resulting hardware or software offering.

Last edited:
Reactions: pappy53

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's one thing to voice displeasure with Apple... it's an entirely different thing thing to start whining that the diary product of the week is a better choice since day one. If one really believes that, they should get their cone, sandwich or whatever, and go play in their own sandbox and quit filling this one with poop.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It's one thing to voice displeasure with Apple... it's an entirely different thing thing to start whining that the diary product of the week is a better choice since day one. If one really believes that, they should get their cone, sandwich or whatever, and go play in their own sandbox and quit filling this one with poop.

I have not said that the "dairy product of the week" was better. I said that, for some, it might not be a bad idea. I have used both OS's and have said that I am staying with Apple, yet will continue to express my opinion. If you and LCW want to be closed-minded, then so be it. And as Forrest Gump said, that is all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711