Passbook and the New iPhone

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been pondering the newly revealed additions in iOS 6 to see what clues they may hold to what we will see in the New iPhone (or iPhone 6, if you prefer). Passbook brings to mind a huge feature that has yet to be discussed, NFC. It's the logical choice that Apple would build NFC into the new phone, and Passbook all but confirms this. Passbook is a gateway to coupons, store cards, and passes. What Apple hasn't revealed yet, is that it will function with NFC to allow for mobile payments that don't require barcode scanning. Just think about it, everyone but Apple has introduced NFC and is working on a solution. With the Apple Ecosystem as it is, they have to be dying in Cupertino to integrate NFC. Passbook is their first step. Look for it on the new iPhone in October.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I think this is the whole reason for passbook. We will just have to wait and see what new hardware they introduce in iPhone 5.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
NFC would be nice, maybe in iOS 7, but I don't think we will see it any sooner. I don't think it will be on the new iPhone this fall, but with Apple I have been wrong many times before!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
NFC would be nice, maybe in iOS 7, but I don't think we will see it any sooner. I don't think it will be on the new iPhone this fall, but with Apple I have been wrong many times before!

I think they have to release it this fall. Every other major OS has it and Apple would fall too far behind without. RIM has it heavily integrated and Google uses it for payments and sharing. If Apple doesn't include it, that will be a huge mistake.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Smart money says they do incorporate NFC when the iPhone 5 comes out. I have other apps that hold my store card and coupon information (and even my airline check-in data), so I'd find Passbook pretty redundant if all it did was mimic those apps.

rvzz

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone used passbook on iOS 6 beta?

I have couple of movie tickets from fandango and also a boarding pass but couldn't open them with passbook?

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
The only thing I was able to upload was mobile coupon directly from the Target app, so the poster above is right, the other apps/web sites will have to add Passbook options to their apps/sites. I would like to know how to delete the Target coupon though.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I was able to upload was mobile coupon directly from the Target app, so the poster above is right, the other apps/web sites will have to add Passbook options to their apps/sites. I would like to know how to delete the Target coupon though.

To delete the coupon, you just swipe to the side like you would in mail or messages.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
To delete the coupon, you just swipe to the side like you would in mail or messages.

Believe it or not I did try that and it doesn't work. I even went back to the Target app to see if there was a remove option and there wasn't. But this will be a good test. The coupon expires on the 28th. Lets see if it disappears then or if I happen to go to the store if it reminds me that I have it with me.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You hit the button on the bottom right corner that looks like an "I" and the pass flips over and you can hit the trash can icon to delete the pass

Reactions: pink2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234