Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
My iCloud keeps asking me to verify my password, so I do it then it pops up again and again until I hit cancel.

I had that problem in the iOS 5 beta. My fix was to do a complete reinstall. I also always set my iphones up as New when installing new betas vs restoring from backup. The betas seem to be more stable doing it this way.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Might have to try that, I just restored from iCloud back up. I'll try set up as new and see if it goes away. Apart from that it's pretty awesome.

double3

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
No streets or buildings in new Maps app

the only things i see in the new Maps app is the blue dot showing my location and the background grid. not a single building, street, etc. weird. and i live in a big city (Nashville TN). i've closed the app. rebooted the iPhone. turned off/on the Maps toggle under Privacy / Location Services. nothing gets it to work. anyone else having that issue? please advise. i'm dying to try the new Maps app for the first time.

thanks - Eric

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the only things i see in the new Maps app is the blue dot showing my location and the background grid. not a single building, street, etc. weird. and i live in a big city (Nashville TN). i've closed the app. rebooted the iPhone. turned off/on the Maps toggle under Privacy / Location Services. nothing gets it to work. anyone else having that issue? please advise. i'm dying to try the new Maps app for the first time.

thanks - Eric

another member here suggested to turn off location services for Maps, reset network settings and then reboot device. this seem to help some minor things that i was experiencing at the time

regarding your 3D viewing, as you know this is beta software so "it's still in the works" search SF, CA or Sydney, AUS to see some awesome views for now!

Elric

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
SERIOUS BUG:
Maps completely ignores 1 way streets!

MINOR BUGS:
I can't adjust my iMessage settings which renders Find My Friends unusable.

No football scores.

Battery drain

Siri won't work in car connect via Bluetooth, mic deactivated.

Annoying echo intermittent while playing music through dock or iPod cable connection

I think that's it for me. No crashes yet (other than the settings app freezing trying to confirm iMessage email addresses)

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Few things I've noticed:

> Brightness is sketchy on iPad 2.
> Shutdown spinner is Retina :D
> iTunes Trailers crashes on iPad.
> Calendar now shows current date in Notification Center.
> Splash screen for maps still shows 3D button on iPhone 4 even though it"s not enabled.
> Battery life is eh, not really too much different.
> Some pics in Camera Roll are black or corrupted (also happened in iOS 5 beta) on iPhone 4. However, the lag in rendering and sharpening photos when swiping is now almost instantaneous.
> I hope this is a bug: when using volume buttons with screen locked and music playing (whether through headphones or not) the screen lights up to show the volume popup. Every. Single. Time.

There's a lot more, but that's what I've seen. Overall, I'm very surprised at the stability of this beta and it is actually perfectly fine for daily use. Also really happy with all the little things they've changed - makes my life a lot easier.

Woodstocknick

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried that. Didn't fix.
For those with the maps crashing, turning off contacts in iCloud worked for me. I think it's a prefill caching bug. Turning off contacts, then back and allowing them to repopulate worked for me. Now, as you type in the map search bar, it pops up people in your contacts. Never did that for me before.

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Power Switch Turns of Player

Not sure if anyone else has had this...might even be a setting but I can't find it...if I'm listening to a podcast via a website (ESPN Podcenter) and I press the power button to turn the screen off...it stops the quicktime player. It doesn't happen with other apps like aSleep.

Anyone else notice this? Kinda of a pian in the a$$ because I often use my iPhone to listen to podcast in bed.

Chanpisan#IM

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Edit photo in camera roll , after edited and saved image becomes white , unusable image , try reboot but it didn't come back 😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has had this...might even be a setting but I can't find it...if I'm listening to a podcast via a website (ESPN Podcenter) and I press the power button to turn the screen off...it stops the quicktime player. It doesn't happen with other apps like aSleep.

Anyone else notice this? Kinda of a pian in the a$$ because I often use my iPhone to listen to podcast in bed.

this is the problem with individuals using beta software on their "daily drivers" technically these betas are intended for test devices. this way a Developer can set it to the side after beta testng their software and not have to worry about little things like that. they assume it will get corrected in the next build after it has been reported to Apple

not trying to sound rude, just trying to educate :)

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
this is the problem with individuals using beta software on their "daily drivers" technically these betas are intended for test devices. this way a Developer can set it to the side after beta testng their software and not have to worry about little things like that. they assume it will get corrected in the next build after it has been reported to Apple

Blink - Ever heard the statement "when you assume you..." :)
I am a dev and I don't use this phone as my primary device. However, it doesn't mean it still isn't a pain.

No disrespect ment.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the demand is what is causing Maps to close for some of us. Last night around 10pm it was not working, around 3am it was running just fine without any crashes.

The only other bug/issue I have seen is that despite the fact I do not have auto brightness on occasionally my iPad will go back down to a 0% brightness setting. Also guided access doesn't work for me yet. I have noticed some graphic issues in apps as well, and a little lag in the app store/itunes, but other than that it is a great beta 1. I am extremely impressed.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Blink - Ever heard the statement "when you assume you..." :)
I am a dev and I don't use this phone as my primary device. However, it doesn't mean it still isn't a pain.

No disrespect ment.

oopsie daisy haha. since we're being so nice to one another then i "assume" you will understand i find it odd that you take a test device to bed to listen to podcasts :confused:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

I use my daily driver as my test device. Granted I am a techie, but I also know the risks and take responsibility. I feel that it needs to be used as a daily driver so I can properly report issues.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I use my daily driver as my test device. Granted I am a techie, but I also know the risks and take responsibility. I feel that it needs to be used as a daily driver so I can properly report issues.

yep, same here. i reported my first bug last night

Music played in my Music.app sounds low and monotone. adjusting EQ settings minimally helps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73