Beta 1 bugs/feedback thread

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Maps search was working when I first installed iOS 6 (and restored from backup). It stopped working this morning.

Go to Settings->General->Reset and Reset All Settings This fixed the maps crash for me, at least for now.

I tried that. Didn't fix.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i also like the fact that the Reminders.app now shows a badge

perfect for people who procrastinate. like me :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
probably already mentioned; Notification Center now has a one step delete notification(s) per section button

instead of: Tap Clear > x it's Tap x

yes, i know there is already a JB tweak for this :)

simonjhardy

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
For me the following are issues/bugs

No Wifi sync
No visual voicemail
Phone cuts out at around an hour long conversation
Local weather doesn't pick up my location (though sorted it's self out overnight)
Keyboard doesn't seem accurate

On the plus side, many of my day to day apps are running very well.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
For me the following are issues/bugs

No Wifi sync
No visual voicemail
Phone cuts out at around an hour long conversation
Local weather doesn't pick up my location (though sorted it's self out overnight)
Keyboard doesn't seem accurate

On the plus side, many of my day to day apps are running very well.

I too don't have VVM...I'm going to see if that's because I just swapped back from my HTC One X...
As per the Phone cutting out...what do you mean? DOes it drop the call? The speaker not work?
Anybody else experiencing this? Out of all of what's been mentioned so far, that would be an important thing.

Btw, I think the search bug I was having was only occuring from WiFi. Once I started with a cellular data connection, no problem :)

simonjhardy

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
As per the Phone cutting out...what do you mean? DOes it drop the call? The speaker not work?
Anybody else experiencing this? Out of all of what's been mentioned so far, that would be an important thing.

At around the hour mark, (may have been 50 mins actually) the voice becomes digitised and very dalek like. The screen then goes blank, and you get the whirling symbol up on screen, give it a mo, the call is still connected, but I had to drop and reconnect to be able to hear and be heard correctly.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
At around the hour mark, (may have been 50 mins actually) the voice becomes digitised and very dalek like. The screen then goes blank, and you get the whirling symbol up on screen, give it a mo, the call is still connected, but I had to drop and reconnect to be able to hear and be heard correctly.

I'm almost too afraid to try that out now. Did you try to reset settings or any of those weird steps? I think I'll try it after work and see if I can replicate. I certainly hope not :(

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Maps works fine for me, but man losing street view really sucks. Battery seems to drain faster, but being beta, it's expected. Not sure I am a fan of the changing status bar colors. Safari is pretty quick. Wish there was a way to remove the VIP inbox as I don't plan to use it. Also, more granular control of do not disturb would be better. I don't use favorites, so perhaps adding a contact lost within that setting would be better. So far pretty stable.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Maps works fine for me, but man losing street view really sucks. Battery seems to drain faster, but being beta, it's expected. Not sure I am a fan of the changing status bar colors. Safari is pretty quick. Wish there was a way to remove the VIP inbox as I don't plan to use it. Also, more granular control of do not disturb would be better. I don't use favorites, so perhaps adding a contact lost within that setting would be better. So far pretty stable.

i'm with you on the street view and i hope it's added back by the GM

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
For me I found this,

When typing something on the Post to Facebook on the Notification Center. You cancel the post, but the Keyboard is still on the home screen. You have to turn off the screen and turn it on.

On the maps, I don't get the Traffic. I have like small areas that are red, I'm going to wait til I get home. The internet at my work is just slow.

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Photo stream..... Had to toggle off then on and restart to get photo stream photos to show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Keyclicks/dialpad tones are a little laggy.
One or two of my camera roll photos are blacked out. I figure this will resolve itself in a future beta as it did last summer...going to check in iPhoto to see if I can import.

For the most part it's incredibly stable.

BTW, I think Apple's 3D/or Satellite config is meant to replace Street view....perhaps they'll either cut a licensing deal with google for street view or we'll see it mapped out on our own, either way it's fine...I like Apple's mapping solution.

I can't wait to see passbook in action.

theboyk

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Been running it since about 10am and no major issues - though, I'm unable to get the turn-by-turn navigation in maps working. I mean, it'll find a route for me, and show the upcoming turns (the signs at the top of the screen), but it's just the regular top-down view, no "gps" view (like the images on the iOS preview site). Have others got full navigation view working?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73