Has anybody installed iOS 6 yet?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
FB integration has been working great for me

FaceTime over cellular works decent. if anyone has ever done it jailbroken it is the same experience, maybe better?

some of my favs so far..

custom vibrations, custom profiles and signatures for individual email accts

share widget in the NC (FB & Twitter), Play a Song for alarm (the way it should be)

Do Not Disturb, One touch app update

Fullscreen web browsing safari, Maps (Duh)

still finding more...

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
FB integration has been working great for me

FaceTime over cellular works decent. if anyone has ever done it jailbroken it is the same experience, maybe better?

some of my favs so far..

share widget in the NC (FB & Twitter), Play a Song for alarm (the way it should be)

Do Not Disturb, One touch app update

Fullscreen web browsing safari, Maps (Duh)

still finding more...
Agree with everything on this list except for one touch updates in the app store... maybe it's just neurotic me, but I like having to put in my password for updates. I'm gonna give it a go for a while longer and see if my feelings change.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The Maps feature is amazing! In love.

And for all the haters in the comments, it totally does still do transit and pedestrian like google maps did!

I want to get the Passbook working, I wish Starbucks would get on that! lol.

What about street view? I use that every day at work, no street view means I'm forced to buy an Android phone..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What about street view? I use that every day at work, no street view means I'm forced to buy an Android phone..

Then do it and quit threatening. If you are that unhappy with Apple and their offerings, why do you still buy them? I'm really confused by all of the drama. Either accept it for what it is or move on... but what's to be gained by constantly complaining about it? We're all just customers, too. We're not the decision makers at Apple and can't change the course of the ship with simple griping and grandstanding.

And I mean that in the most positive way possible. But it gets old. TIme to build a bridge and get over it.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
some of my favs so far..

I've had custom vibration since day 1 of iOS5 and custom alarm tones as long as I can remember.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
finally got it:D came home downloaded the beta and had a smooth install. i really like it so far. i thought the "do not disturb" was in the notification center though. Anyway its all good for now.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Then do it and quit threatening.

I just might, and I'm not threatening anything, I'm allowed to speak my mind about a lackluster update just as much as fanboys are allowed to gush over it. I've sold a lot of people on Apple over the years, I feel like I'm allowed to be disappointed when they mess up and also speak my mind about it. The general consensus isn't good about iOS 6 either.

If you are that unhappy with Apple and their offerings, why do you still buy them?

I haven't bought an Apple product since June 2010, I love the Apple ecosystem, I don't want to leave, I want Apple to make the best of the best. When they remove useful features it is they who are making it difficult to stick with them. I would love that new retina MB Pro, seems like they spent all their time on the Macs, and gave iOS a rushed update.

I'm really confused by all of the drama. Either accept it for what it is or move on... but what's to be gained by constantly complaining about it? We're all just customers, too. We're not the decision makers at Apple and can't change the course of the ship with simple griping and grandstanding.

I seem to have thought this was a discussion board, all views were welcome etc.. If nobody ever expects anything from Apple, and people keep buying their stuff, what incentive is there for them to move forward or innovate anymore?

And I mean that in the most positive way possible. But it gets old. TIme to build a bridge and get over it.

It's been just over 12 hours, I'm not sure how it's old, I'm still hoping the iPhone 5 is getting all the good stuff, but who knows.

Chanpisan#IM

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Have installed for awhile , like others had mentioned , so far so good , I can't find where to turn on:/ off location service may be I didn't look well

Edit: have found it under privacy setting :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chanpisan#IM

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
They also add 4 rows keyboard to my language (Thai) make it very easy to type , this is the major reason that make Thai people to jailbreak to get 4 rows keyboard :) awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just might, and I'm not threatening anything, I'm allowed to speak my mind about a lackluster update just as much as fanboys are allowed to gush over it. I've sold a lot of people on Apple over the years, I feel like I'm allowed to be disappointed when they mess up and also speak my mind about it. The general consensus isn't good about iOS 6 either.

Certainly you are allowed to be disappointed, and to express that opinion. And I know that I am not the "sheriff" around here... but it seems that every time Apple says or does anything about or with iOS and/or iPhone people start complaining and threatening ... yet they pony up only to repeat their anguish with the next announcement and/or release.

I haven't bought an Apple product since June 2010, I love the Apple ecosystem, I don't want to leave, I want Apple to make the best of the best. When they remove useful features it is they who are making it difficult to stick with them. I would love that new retina MB Pro, seems like they spent all their time on the Macs, and gave iOS a rushed update.

I guess I understand where you're coming from here... but the MBP redesign was supposed to be the "jaw dropping" response to the rumors that have been swirling - and IMHO, it delivered ... whether or not the iOS 6 that was displayed yesterday is the final version (I doubt that it is), remains to be seen. The iPhone x and iOS 6 will have a whole new "all about me" moment later in the year... but this was an overview of iOS 6 among other things... and what the devs got yesterday was only the FIRST beta release. It did offer some cool features, and I fully expect more to come as it nears "ready for GA" this fall. BTW, what features did Apple remove from iOS 6?

I seem to have thought this was a discussion board, all views were welcome etc.. If nobody ever expects anything from Apple, and people keep buying their stuff, what incentive is there for them to move forward or innovate anymore?

It is a discussion board, and opinions can, do and should flow freely... but I don't see as much discussion as constant complaining about how un-innovative Apple is... yet some of those who complain the loudest continue to purchase Apple's wares despite their ongoing dissatisfaction. Weren't you one of those who were leaving Apple for good if the iPhone 4S didn't have a significantly larger screen and a notification LED? The old adage says "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". If all you see Apple do is disappoint, then why continue feeding the company's bottom line?

t's been just over 12 hours, I'm not sure how it's old, I'm still hoping the iPhone 5 is getting all the good stuff, but who knows.

Unfortunately, it's not just this thread... but my point has been made, and this will get way off topic quickly, so dragging this out can only have a negative outcome.

Have a nice day.

CBCstillmatic

May 2, 2012
Visit site
try it and found out. i want a full report when you are done. thank you

Are you serious or is it not legit and your messing with me? Lol I can't tell and I'm a noob. I don't jailbreak or root hell I have a nexus and its not even unlocked. I usually play it safe though I did always load leaked stuff on my blackberry cause they were impossible to brick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Are you serious or is it not legit and your messing with me? Lol I can't tell and I'm a noob. I don't jailbreak or root hell I have a nexus and its not even unlocked. I usually play it safe though I did always load leaked stuff on my blackberry cause they were impossible to brick

honestly, conversations like this are frowned upon here. so unfortunately you will have to look elsewhere

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73