IOS6 new features.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone doing the beta testing detected the introduction of distribution lists in Mail? That's a feature SORELY lacking, IMHO. But hey, they finally wised up and introduced multiple signatures - only took...how long?? :rolleyes:

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and another question while I'm at it - we can attach photos to emails, but what about attaching documents? Again, it seems so routine...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Oh, and another question while I'm at it - we can attach photos to emails, but what about attaching documents? Again, it seems so routine...

Well there is no access to the file system, that's the biggest part. You can attach multimedia, but only if it's in the camera roll or photo library. AFAIK, you can't access a third party's multimedia library. To attach documents, they'd have to create a documents library somewhere. It sounds easy of course, but who knows how that would affect iOS. Would it interfere with the other apps who keep their information in a folder called documents already (which they all do)? Neither you nor I know how the iOS subsystem works. Probably easier said than done.

The way I would visualize it happening from a UI perspective is similar to how it functions now in beta 1. Instead of choosing select pictures/videos, change it to select item. Takes you to another small sub-menu asking documents or photos/videos and then go from there. Or maybe in the subject line they can add an attachment icon.

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe they don't have something as simple as toggles yet.

Can you turn off vibration for alarms even if vibrate is still globally on??

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
What's up with the different status bar in the settings app, I'm not a fan I like the classic grey with blue signal bars and the colored battery

Sent via tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
What's up with the different status bar in the settings app, I'm not a fan I like the classic grey with blue signal bars and the colored battery

Sent via tapatalk

The status bar changes colors based on the top navigation bar of the app. For example, Crunchyroll's navigation bar is orange and the status bar is orange. I kinda dig it... kinda... still on the fence. But it's a new look.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
The status bar changes colors based on the top navigation bar of the app. For example, Crunchyroll's navigation bar is orange and the status bar is orange. I kinda dig it... kinda... still on the fence. But it's a new look.

View attachment 16573 this is my favorite I love the look of it not really a fan of anything else but the black and white when on the home screen

Sent via tapatalk

Brad_Linder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Have they added the feature to hide the stock apps yet? Apps like Stocks, Weather, Compass, etc? It drives me crazy. Especially Newsstand!!! All those apps I never use.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not pre determined vibration. Nor custom.

Ios 5 has 5 stock vibration patterns and has custom ones as well. They are in settings / sounds / vibration patterns, all the way at the bottom of the screen. I am using a custpm vibration pattern on 5.1.1 for phone calls. Now I'm jailbroken, but i don't believe I've installed anything that added the ability to make custom vibration. Especially because my screen looks just like the screenshot minus the new stock patterns.

Last edited:

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The keynote specified that ios6 will have pull to refresh mail. Is this also the case in safari? On cydia both have been available for sometime. I use the safari tweak far more than the mail tweak and would find it strange if they haven't put that in.

Thanks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Have they added the feature to hide the stock apps yet? Apps like Stocks, Weather, Compass, etc? It drives me crazy. Especially Newsstand!!! All those apps I never use.

if you mean "hide" as in completely remove from the springboard, no. and probably never will tbh. everything is the same regarding this matter and they all can be pseudo hidden in folders except Newsstand

you mean you do not use it?? :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ios 5 has 5 stock vibration patterns and has custom ones as well. They are in settings / sounds / vibration patterns, all the way at the bottom of the screen. I am using a custpm vibration pattern on 5.1.1 for phone calls. Now I'm jailbroken, but i don't believe I've installed anything that added the ability to make custom vibration. Especially because my screen looks just like the screenshot minus the new stock patterns.

this is different and can be achieved with SMS/MMS, Email (individual accounts if desired) just verified this and you cannot do individual accounts, Voicemail, Calendar, Reminders etc

in other words it's not the same as iOS 5.x.x

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The keynote specified that ios6 will have pull to refresh mail. Is this also the case in safari? On cydia both have been available for sometime. I use the safari tweak far more than the mail tweak and would find it strange if they haven't put that in.

Thanks.

so far you cannot Pull to Refresh Safari. i too thought it would be more useful there than Mail. fingers crossed for Safari too but i doubt it

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i guess i am the only one who is excited about the fact you can now play music from your Music.app for Alarms now.. no need to mess with keeping another app open or anything

the way it should be! :)

Brad_Linder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
if you mean "hide" as in completely remove from the springboard, no. and probably never will tbh. everything is the same regarding this matter and they all can be pseudo hidden in folders except Newsstand

you mean you do not use it?? :D

Darn. It doesn't make any sense. Especially since you can't put Newsstand in a folder without a glitch. I'd say more people don't use Newsstand than those that do. Or at least not enough to have it in your home screen and not in a folder.

I don't use stocks, compass, newsstand, or game center.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The 3G toggle has gone again here in the UK and a new "Late Night" setting has appear under EQ in the music app settings.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Darn. It doesn't make any sense. Especially since you can't put Newsstand in a folder without a glitch. I'd say more people don't use Newsstand than those that do. Or at least not enough to have it in your home screen and not in a folder.

I don't use stocks, compass, newsstand, or game center.

I just tuck the apps I don't use away in a folder... out of site, out of mind.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW