iOS 6 is "Official" Now

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Cant wait to get the skinny on iOS6. If there's some really significant improvements, I'll gladly lose my jailbreak on my 4S to upgrade.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We go through this every year, but it bears mentioning that either offering up or begging for spots can result in being banned.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
We go through this every year, but it bears mentioning that either offering up or begging for spots can result in being banned.

I'm sorry blink tricked me haha jk I thought it was if you sold them for profit and such .. Live and learn

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So i have never ran beta but from my understanding is it really as simple as register your phone then update iTunes to beta iTunes and then shift restore to the beta Ipsw ? Then when beta 2 comes same thing and so on untill official release ?

Also if you want to get out of beta can you just do a normal restore back to 5.1.1?

Also does beta iTunes work with non beta devices that I don't want to be beta ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
so im about to buy an 4s next week will i have ios6 and what the hell is it anyways

No, you won't have iOS6 on a phone purchased next week. It is to be announced if not tomorrow, later this week. Read further on the iMore blogs of WWDC coverage and it will tell you what it is/will be.

Reactions: dj80d

dj80d

May 8, 2012
Visit site
No, you won't have iOS6 on a phone purchased next week. It is to be announced if not tomorrow, later this week. Read further on the iMore blogs of WWDC coverage and it will tell you what it is/will be.

so will i be able to get it in the future and do i even need it

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It is sometimes that simple, but sometimes impossible to restore back. In the past, the iTunes beta has worked with phones on an older iOS, but the beta iOS will not work with older versions of iTunes.

You also want to remember that when the beta release (there are usually several) ends and you don't update, your phone becomes totally nonfunctional. So if you don't have an official source of updating - don't do it.

So i have never ran beta but from my understanding is it really as simple as register your phone then update iTunes to beta iTunes and then shift restore to the beta Ipsw ? Then when beta 2 comes same thing and so on untill official release ?

Also if you want to get out of beta can you just do a normal restore back to 5.1.1?

Also does beta iTunes work with non beta devices that I don't want to be beta ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro