What do you want to see in iOS 6?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The one thing i would really like to see is timed modes, say I go into a movie i could put it into vibrate mode for a set time and it would go back to normal mode when time had expired.

+1 I had an app like this on my GNex called Shush! Where I could use my volume buttons to turn it down to vibrate and then select an amount of time before it the volume turns back on.

Transmitted from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I want them to bring back the easy method to select multiple images and delete them en mass. It was in the last version of 4, but 5.01 killed it.

I could be wrong and this is not what your looking for but on iOS 5 you hit the button in the top right that looks like a send button, then you click on every photo you want to delete and hit delete. Not sure how this could be any easier except for the icon on the button that starts the whole process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
reading thru this thread makes me chuckle. anyone that is familiar with Apple should know they are not going to hit a "home run" this time around (seen for myself) like already mentioned in another thread, this is more like a 5.5 update

people need to learn to lower their expectations and then learn to jailbreak if they're wanting more than what's offered

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
As an avid Apple TV use (whose friends and family all have iDevices) I would like to see better mirroring functionality. The fact that the entire iPad can be mirrored is great, but is kind of cheapened that in landscape mode does not fill the entire television. You end up with a screen that looks like your looked before the digital takeover when channels had black bars above and below and on either side of the picture. It really lowers the experience. Most mirroring works, but if you wanna say mirror ABC Player or TNT Player, what you get looks pretty sorry

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
+1 I had an app like this on my GNex called Shush! Where I could use my volume buttons to turn it down to vibrate and then select an amount of time before it the volume turns back on.

Transmitted from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD

motorola has this with their smart actions. Would be a nice addition

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Fully manageable photostream, camera and camera roll... I mean, the whole experience from the moment a picture is taken to the moment where it is finally displayed exactly where you want it - the camera roll or a folder. Enabling photostream should simply create a "Photostream" folder like it does now, but where you would actually have to put pictures in order to have them synced all over your other devices. In that folder would be a way in turn to enable the photostream of every single picture on camera roll or on a determined folder - something like the option to "Mirror camera roll", or "Mirror a specific folder". We should be able to name and label pictures. The camera roll UI should detect any photos recently taken and not managed and have them checked the first time you go back to it, allowing you to transfer all of them at once in another folder, to except some, add others, totally delete the ones you do not wish to keep - or simply to skip the operation and just review the roll. We should always be able to choose to add to photostream within that same operation - so I could choose a folder where new pictures are going AND to also send them to photostream. Ability to have subfolders - namely events, or places, or whatever - in folders would be nice. Ability to create a folder in advance and take pictures "from within it" could be cool, as well as the ability to take pictures "from within" any folder that's already existing. This way, that day you're at the zoo with the kids or at the beach with friends, and you just took like a hundred pictures, and suddenly you go into your camera roll, all of them are already checked and ready to be disposed at your convenience. Or not at all because you created the folder in advance to take the pictures. Oh! and ability to create different photostreams could be cool for some people who use their phone's camera at work just as much as socially and as a personal pastime. Or for just anybody, I guess.

It's just an example, there are other apps... :D

xcsdm

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
Sync iCloud now playing.

Scenario.

I'm in my car listening to music over bluetooth. When I stop the car the music stops. Now, I come into my office, fire up iTunes, and pick up where I left off. Same playlist. Same shuffle order, etc.

Listening to music in my office, pause music, go to car, right where I left off.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I would like a long hold on the volume rockers to skip forward (backward) to next (previous) song.

exactly. whenever i jailbreak this is one of the first things i do! once again, something that seems so simple gets overlooked - every time

i hate to say it but unless it's added soon it is already not an option in the betas

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
What Apple should change on iOS
Which would not effect the
hole iOS experience and philosophy

-Lock screen
Options to reach commonly used apps from the lock screen
-Keyboard
Long press > Numbers and symbols
Upper keyboard line with ( !, ?,etc ) or input of ( photos, video )
Swipe
Change fonts
Suggestions for possible words
Long press of space button > continuous space until user stops
-Notification Center
Widgets to switch on or off basic settings ( toggle switch :Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, etc )
Access music (play/pause/etc) from notification center
Widgets from applications like notes or mail
Google search bar for faster web searches
When launching the notification center reveal from the top to bottom (not from bottom to top )
Pause app while launching the notification center only when fully launched
When notification shown, there should be something to click in order to show the os that you got the message ( not waiting for you to see the message you so two seconds ago ! )
-Bluetooth
Use mouse with Bluetooth ( why only keyboard )
To be able to send images/videos to other non-iPhone devices
-Phone
Better phone UI ( not the same IOS 1.0 line based UI from 2007 )
Customization all of groups such as favorites ,recents, contacts, etc
-Camera
The ability to lock photos you don't want others to look at
An entirely redesigned UI
The ability to shoot panoramas
The ability to change the image resolution
Make the shoot button on the iPhone the same as on the iPad
-Home Screen
Launch the multitasking bar by dragging up from the bottom.
Put apps where ever you want in the screen ( in a line or like a square )
The ability to lock apps you don't want others to look at.
Allow the app developers to make the applications live
* what I am trying to Say with live apps is that, for example the weather applications will indicate the weather in it's location or the clock app . And for 3rd party apps such as news apps like CNN or email as sparrow or clock or Eurosport or whatever
Touch and slide down an app to reveal notifications for that app
When searching the device there should be an ability to make mathematical calculations
-Safari
Add Home page
All settings should be reachable from the app ( why should I have to go to settings to delete my history ? )
Search bar should be the same for URL and google ( as it is in chrome and safari in mountain lion )
Colour should change from blue to grey
Full screen for portrait mode too
Downloader in safari ( why are there 3rd party apps with downloaders and safari does not have it )
-Email
Rapidly redesigned UI
faster email download and sending
-Multitasking
When in landscape mode multitasking should orientate in landscape ( as it does on the iPad or if only rotating in portrait, it should rotate the apps not the multitasking bar )
-Siri
Siri should be faster
Siri should be able to search the web ( not launch Safari )
It should know more for people for example if you ask how tall Einstein or a Obama is, it should answer( not only for Lebron James )
-Extras
I should have the choice to make sparrow my email client and chrome my internet client
Every app should have it's settings in it (not letting the user go to setting and change them and than go again back to the app)
Faster way to search the web from home screen
Faster on/off switch in applications
*When you are in Navigon and want to go to your friend who lives in the town near by and you don't know how to go there you launch the maps app and you find that your location settings are turned off . So your iPhone asks you wetherto go straight to settings or cancel .The problem is that I just don't want to go to settings to turn on my location settings this is what I want to do ! So apple should give me the option to turn on the location settings ( not go to settings so that i turn them on ) or cancel .
Reveal message and phone icon on the status bar when you have a missed message or call .
Mute button from the iPhone should be optional to mute/rotation lock ( as it is on the iPad )

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, you don't want much! Come on people! Android vendors put out virtually the same phone every six months with slightly upgraded specs. You have balls to give Apple attitude about its yearly iPhone....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro