What do you want to see in iOS 6?

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a lot of what's already need mentioned.
But something that hasn't been mentioned as well.

I'd like to be able to have landscape orientation on home screen.
Its on the iPad so why not on iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.0

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I definitely would like a better mail app, including the ability to create distribution lists in a straightforward manner. Facebook integration (similar to Twitter) also would be a plus.

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Right now what Android users enjoy are widgets, but they are locked into usually one app. That's great, but an inefficient use of space.

Windows Phone users benefit from a live tile, also a beautiful implementation, but still only one app.

I would love to see a live tile/widget that takes up 4x1 of real estate that has four apps as a part of it. The functionality would be to have a few different views.

One view would be showing one apps information in the live tile with a swipe to reveal the next app in the widget and it's corresponding information. Once you see the one you want, simply tap to open the app.

Another view would be to show all four apps information at once and you can tap that corresponding 1x1 spot to open the app.

I would not want the live tile/widget to switch automatically, that's inefficient and some users would think they had to wait to see and select that information. Also it takes my eyes away from my surroundings for too long. The stock setting should be a swipe to reveal the next app.

Another aspect would be to show what is in the live tile/widget by tapping on the farthest right 1x1 spot to reveal the folder contents. From here you can add/remove content like you do now with folders in iOS. The reason to use the furthest right spot is that for most people (right handed users) it makes that the hardest location to tap accidentally. Another implementation would be to simply long press the folder, like we do now to get the wiggly function.....perhaps that would be better. Not sure.

Another thing that needs to be added is a settings icon for the live tile/widget inside the folder. You can choose what you want the live tile/widget to show. This would need to be added here as another 1x1 'app' labeled 'tile settings'.

What does everyone think of this? It's what's missing in every OS in my opinion.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
*notification center iCloud sync- I don't like how if I 'read' a notification on my iPhone how it still appears on my iPad.

*notification center widgets- Apple should allow developers to create notification center widgets. In addition, the iPad should have notification center widgets.

*notification center in lockscreen

*notification center has ability to dismiss notifications on case by case not just by app

•just type in spotlight. Able to post statuses, search dictionary, etc.

•facebook integration with photo, number, birthday import.

*google+ integration

*Multitasking gestures- like on the iPad.

*siri dev access

*more Siri commands

*siri improvements

•guest login for iPhone, iPad.

•Automatic updates for app store downloads.

•Support for NFC hardware. Wallet like app.

•Keychain access for ios, with import from your Mac. iCloud support, iTunes integration.

•Xbox live like game center.

*live app icons that can display info.

*ability to delete stock apps; redownload from app store if needed.

*Autocorrect bug fixes, improvements.

*Ability to change any alert or ringtone for any app.

*Apps need a Mac OS X 'services' feature, or Android 'intent' feature. An API that allows apps to communicate to each other.

Last edited:

MrJDCurtis

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My iOS 6 wish list:

• More settings for EVERYTHING. Alerts, Notification Center, what we see in the multitasking tray to the left of the first page, and the ability to access the settings from anywhere.
  • More customization such as themes and what your apps icons do as you scroll through your home screens. I'd also like to see the option to put a notepad, calendar, or timer in the Notification Center.
  • Move Spotlight Search to either Notification Center or fast app switcher so it is available everywhere.
  • UI refresh. Any small change would be great. What I'd like to see is the ability to put apps anywhere I want, and a better multi-tasking experience kind of like the jailbreak app Switchy. I'd also like to see support for landscape on the iPhone home screen.
  • Multi-touch gestures!
  • I'm excited to see Siri's full potential!
  • Updates to stock apps like Clock and Reminders to add more features.
  • Darker colors throughout the OS to lower the battery taxation on all iOS devices. At least make this a customizable feature.
  • BiteSMS equivalent for Mail, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Etc.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My iOS 6 wish list:

• More settings for EVERYTHING. Alerts, Notification Center, what we see in the multitasking tray to the left of the first page, and the ability to access the settings from anywhere.
  • More customization such as themes and what your apps icons do as you scroll through your home screens. I'd also like to see the option to put a notepad, calendar, or timer in the Notification Center.
  • Move Spotlight Search to either Notification Center or fast app switcher so it is available everywhere.
  • UI refresh. Any small change would be great. What I'd like to see is the ability to put apps anywhere I want, and a better multi-tasking experience kind of like the jailbreak app Switchy. I'd also like to see support for landscape on the iPhone home screen.
  • Multi-touch gestures!
  • Darker colors throughout the OS to lower the battery taxation on all iOS devices. At least make this a customizable feature.

Agreed^^^^

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My iOS 6 wish list:

• Multi-touch gestures!

I'd like to see these things and a beefed up version of iMessage

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see a refresh of the UI, or at least more options to customize it without having to resort to jailbreaking your phone.

An improved app store that allows you to search further within the apps when you go into categories. I for one am not a fan of the direction they are going with it, but I can only speak for myself on that.

I want a complete refresh of the way email is set up. To me it is not functionally. Just moving an email to a different folder is annoying, but there are so many things about it I would like to see change. I am glad it is easier to add pictures to emails now, but what about documents, appointments, etc?

Quick reply. I don't use an iPhone as my main device, but I know this is something iPhone users have been asking for. I do not understand how hard it is to add this to the OS.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Reminders needs some serious tweaking:
Ability to enable "all day" on due dates
Ability to sort by priority. ( currently you can assign a priority but it has nothing to do where it is displayed in a list)
Ability to sort manually

Good Luck

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
was really hoping to see 3 things

1) Profiles - like blackberry
2) Active icons (that can display info... like the weather!!! I still hate that i look at my screen and its always 73 and sunny!!!)
3) Widgets - maybe have some kind of info widgets... mail, weather, stocks, news, etc... avaiable to be placed on the homescreen.

wanted a free turn by turn - glad thats coming.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
1⃣ Bite sms style imessage
2⃣ Quick access to settings
3⃣ Send quick voice memos in imessage ( or though Siri )

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's my list iOS 6 features I would love:

• Ability to hide or turn off Apple pre-loaded apps
  • Ability to share Reminders lists with others. (ie: my wife can make a shopping list on her phone and share it with my on my phone)
  • Landscape fast app switcher
  • Widgets (weather, stocks) in the lock screen
  • Scrollable folders. The ability to put as many items in a folder as you want and then just swipe to view more.

That's all for now. :)

Goldengriff

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
The one thing i would really like to see is timed modes, say I go into a movie i could put it into vibrate mode for a set time and it would go back to normal mode when time had expired.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
How about a way better way to clear notifications in the notification center. Everywhere else in iOS we swipe to the right on an object to show the delete button. I know it would mess with the slide to right to open up an app, but why can't I just tap the app icon in the notification center to open instead? That stupid tiny x and clear button drive me nuts!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods