So I know that people have long said that iOS doesn't do email groups in the native app, and I've been looking for a solution to use for lists we email at work. After looking at a few 3rd party solutions I was underwhelmed.

BUT! I then ran across a suggestion that seems to work in the native app: by adding a new contact (say "Group ABC")and then adding all the email addresses in the same email field within the Contacts app--each one separated by a comma--it seems to work. The only hiccup I've noticed is that when I then choose the contact name as the recipient in the Mail app, iOS pops up a warning saying it doesn't appear to be a properly formatted address. However, if you choose Send Anyway, everything seems to work.

So far I've only done this once, so I wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences doing group emails this way. What say you, iMore?
    08-23-2013 10:11 AM
    You could try Mail2group from the App Store. You create groups of contacts in your normal contacts, then use the mail2group app to send an e mail to a group of your choice.
    08-23-2013 10:18 AM
    You could try Mail2group from the App Store. You create groups of contacts in your normal contacts, then use the mail2group app to send an e mail to a group of your choice.
    We looked at that one, but it seemed to me that each one of the group contacts was also added as a separate entry into your regular contacts list, which we don't want. (Our contact list is a list of wholesale vendors, and the group emails are for customers. Adding a few GroupABC contacts is okay, but I don't want to add each email as a separate entry in the Contacts app. Hope that's clear.) Thanks for the suggestion.

At any rate, I'm happy with the native solution--I just posted this to see if anyone else had any experience doing it this way.
    08-23-2013 10:56 AM
    I used the mail2group app very well if the group was small, 13 contacts or less. I wanted to FORWARD an email to a group. This is how I did it, (shown to me by a tech at the Apple Store in Richmond VA).
    I selected an email from my email account and copied it, then went into mail2group. After creating a group, I created a new email in there and pasted the message there. The "To" box then had 13 contacts from my group in there and sent the new email very well. However, I found that the group only sent 13 of the contacts in the group. My question is "does the group have a limit to the number of contacts it will hold?"
    10-06-2016 03:44 PM