How to add words to the dict/spellcheck?
I am using some foreign words which always get corrected. Drives me nuts.
Is there a way to get those words into the dictionary so iOS6 will accept them and leave them alone?
via iPod touch and Tapatalk.
- 11-06-2012, 06:28 PM #2
Re: How to add words to the dict/spellcheck?
Go to this link to see how to add words to the dictionary itself.
iOS 5: How to add words to the auto-correct dictionary — Apple News, Tips and Reviews
Good luck and let me know if this works for you.
This is how you can correct words as you type that are not already in the dictionary when you get the red underline:
Control (ctrl) click the underlined word and select 'Learn Spelling'.
PS On the link I sent you to it is not needed to add a shortcut, Just put in the word you want or name.
The shortcut is if you wanted to do like OMW= On My Way or = a smiley face. I think you get it.
Last edited by Jaguarr40; 11-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.
- By Se7enth Sinn#IM in forum iPhone 4Replies: 4Last Post: 10-14-2011, 07:35 AM
- By Ghecko in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 8Last Post: 07-14-2010, 04:05 AM
- By iSkythe in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:10 PM
- By JonKelCal in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
- By msbaylor in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2009, 10:52 PM