Maybe Developed a Software Glitch

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
quick question. My phone has been acting a little weird over the last couple weeks. Slow, apps shutting down randomly videos take a while to save ect. i called apple and they told me to restore as new and reinstall the software. i didnt wanna do it and it seems to be running better now. I just downloaded the new IOS6 and wanna make sure that even if i did have a glitch/bug in my software if it would of went away after downloaded the new software and wont carry over. thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
quick question. My phone has been acting a little weird over the last couple weeks. Slow, apps shutting down randomly videos take a while to save ect. i called apple and they told me to restore as new and reinstall the software. i didnt wanna do it and it seems to be running better now. I just downloaded the new IOS6 and wanna make sure that even if i did have a glitch/bug in my software if it would of went away after downloaded the new software and wont carry over. thoughts?

More than likely the problem will resolve itself if you reset your device & restore it as new. I am a huge fan of doing that. Like Blink stated in another thread, I honestly believe that resetting as new has saved me from dealing with issues that some people have complained about with their devices, especially when upgrading to a new version of iOS.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the new iOS6 and didnt even have the option to "restore as new" it just backed up my phone and began to download the new software. i dont wanna restore as new cuz i will lose all of my texts ect. will downloading the new software help/get rid of the bug i might have?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the new iOS6 and didnt even have the option to "restore as new" it just backed up my phone and began to download the new software. i dont wanna restore as new cuz i will lose all of my texts ect. will downloading the new software help/get rid of the bug i might have?

That will depend on the kind of bug you have. More than likely, it will, but if you've inadvertently downloaded a virus, trojan or spyware of some sort then it may not. Downloading iOS 6 will not harm your device so take comfort in knowing that and if everything is now working as it should, let it be.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ya just downloaded it seems to work great. at first the camera on the lock screen was not showing up. after about 2 mins of playing around with the new software/locking the phone it popped back up on the lock screen how come?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2