Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Default airplay

What's the best way to print documents from the iphone. how would i use airprint?

Global Posts
    11,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You need a printer capable of wifi connections... works pretty good with the one I have.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    You need a printer capable of wifi connections... works pretty good with the one I have.
    More than just WiFi. A printer with AirPrint functionality is preferable. This feature will be prominently mentioned on packaging and in advertisements.

For example, I bought this one for $40 on sale a few weeks ago. Regular $80.
    HP Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (3050A)
    "AirPrint technology allows you to print wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch"

The above printer also works well with the VueScan app ($5) for scans to iPad or iPhone. Only good for low volume printing.

PS
    -You *can* use "ePrint", found on some printers as well:
    "ePrint mobile printing - if you can e-mail it, you can print it"
    ePrint is considerably less pleasant to use vs AirPrint. You need to email attachments to the printer instead of just pressing print. I also had a 6MB PDF doc (30 pages) which wouldn't ePrint. "Attachment too large".

-If you have a printer attached to a Mac or PC on your network, there are circuitous ways to use it.
    How-To Geek - Computer Help from your Friendly How-To Geek