Messages/iMessages Problem (glitch)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I've been experiencing some glitchy behavior whenever I receive a text. When someone texts me (and I think the text has always been an iMessage) my phone's screen will flash for a second, play part of the text sound then go black again. If I hit the power button, it flashes on and off and will play the remaining part of the text sound (usually garbled). I have to hit the power button again to finally bring up the screen. I didn't know if anyone else has experienced this or if it's an isolated incident. I am still under the Apple warranty and could set up a Genius Bar appointment. I just wanted to see what everyone here thought first (since the Apple store is about a 30 minute drive). Thanks for the help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced this but if the issue has only been recently, I'd backup the device and then reset as new and then see if the problem still exists. If so, I'd then take it to the Apple Store for troubleshooting/exchange.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, JustMe'D! I'm thinking it's probably just a software glitch or something. I'll try reloading the OS and going from there.

My parents are on my plan and my Dad has been wanting an iPhone for years. He already has a BlackBerry for work and I couldn't justify spending $30/month for data on a phone he uses maybe once a week. Well we are switching to the Verizon Share Everything Plan and he's going to get my old iPhone (and I'll be getting the "new" iPhone - not a bad deal). I just want to make sure he's going to be getting a phone that works right.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand and no, it is not a bad deal ;). Take care and have a great night, my friend.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73