How to easily add the new Outlook(.)com email account

gdp338

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
After reading your post, I logged into to my outlook.com account via Safari from my iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1 and I pulled up the email conversation that I had with my youngest son's teacher earlier this morning and the entire conversation thread was readily visible. The final email that she sent me contained the entire back & forth correspondence. I then scrolled down to the bottom of the page and selected "desktop site" or something to that effect and the view changed to that which coincides with a desktop. That view also contained the conversation thread. Unless I misinterpreted your post, I don't know what to tell you.

I am having the same problem of my email messages being stripped when replying or forwarding on my ipad2. It makes having an email exchange difficult. I do not like the PC site because it moves very slowly. I also do not want to use iOS mail. Please help! Makes using the ipad for email worthless. I tried to call Microsoft & there is no outlook.com live support, only through the MS answers forum & the moderators never reply.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem of my email messages being stripped when replying or forwarding on my ipad2.
Define "being stripped" when replying or forwarding for clarity purposes, please.
It makes having an email exchange difficult.
If you're saying that part of the conversation thread gets deleted then I don't know what to tell you. As I've stated in an earlier post, when I login to my Outlook Mail via a browser, whether or my MacBook, iPad or iPhone, my email threads are readily visible.
I do not like the PC site because it moves very slowly. I also do not want to use iOS mail. Please help! Makes using the ipad for email worthless. I tried to call Microsoft & there is no outlook.com live support, only through the MS answers forum & the moderators never reply.
At this point, you don't have many choices, my friend. You can either continue as-is or use either the built-in mail app or a 3rd party mail app to access your Outlook mail.

majermi

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Since google stopped exchange support, I am planing to move my 2 domains to outlook.com, I did make email adress on outlook.com server, the same as on google apps, I did make MX record on my domain, allways work propertly, new emails arrived, but the one thing is very important, it is possibility to move all old emails to new outlook.com server?

myname@mydomain.com (google apps) -----> myname@mydomain.com (outlook.com)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

patmckinney

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I am a MSN Premium subscriber and will be keeping that email address, but the changeover from Hotmail to Outlook also affected me. I experienced the same problem when accessing my MSN account on my iPhone or iPad. When I forwarded an email, the content of the email was stripped. (The recipient got a blank email, in terms of content. The subject was in the subject line, but the body of the email contained nothing.) I followed the directions below, and the issue was solved for me.

At this link: Mobile - Microsoft Windows, you will find the following directions:

Mobile Outlook.com

Access Outlook.com on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch by following these steps:
Tap Settings, and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
Tap Add Account in the Accounts page.
Select Hotmail.
Enter your Outlook.com address and password.
Select the fields that you want to sync. (I selected only MAIL to leave "ON".) Tap Save.

Ramon Acosta

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, my outlook.com email address isnt an actual email address with a password, its just an alias, so it doesnt have a password to configure....meaning I cant go to www.outlook.com, use my @outlook.com email and password (since it doesnt exist), i've tried my hotmail PW and my @outlook.com email, but that doesnt seem to work.

Set it up as an Exchange account. Put your alias in the email field and your hotmail address under the username field.

grandpa43

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I am absolutely snookered. I changed from Hotmail to Outlook but every time I ask the questions , I get replies about Microsoft Outlook rather than the 'new' Outlook..
When I try to set up my new Outlook details on my I Pod, do as follows in' Other'
_#Email address
My Name
My password
Incoming - pop3.live.com
outgoing - smtp.live.com

I have NEVER had the I Pod accept any of these settings so I've never been able to receive or send mails.

any advice, PLEASE!!!!
Alan.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73