Getting Rid Of Badge On Settings Icon

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In regards to IOS 5.1.1 this morning i had pushed the banner notification as well as the "1" on the settings icon.

I DO NOT wish to upgrade and am keeping 5.0.1 because it is stable. I called Apple to ask if there is any way to remove the "1" on the settings icon and was told NO.

Does anyone else know of a way to do it? I would not update OTA anyway and do it thru my computer but as stated, I am not going to.

Any help if anyone knows would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jan

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope. It is going to bug you until you update. Maybe there is a jailbreak tweak, but nothing from a non-jailbreaken option.

5.1.1 is very stable. I don't see what you're afraid of. What happens if your phone messes up and you have to restore? You won't have a choice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
5.1.1 is very stable. I don't see what you're afraid of. What happens if your phone messes up and you have to restore? You won't have a choice.
+1....I cannot see your devices messing up after updating to iOS 5.1.1. As stated, it is very stable.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The ONLY reason NOT to upgrade is jailbreaking. iOS 5.1.1 is stable, as others have pointed out.

Besides, if Apple says there's no way to disable/hide the badge, then, short of some jailbreak tweak, there isn't. #justsaying

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
when i Updated to 5.1.1 i was a little skeptical about battery performance . since i Restored as New to 5.1.1 there is a noticeable improvement in battery performance (for me)

i say do it AND Restore as New. if jailbreaking is your thing then an Untethered JB is coming soon as well

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. It is going to bug you until you update. Maybe there is a jailbreak tweak, but nothing from a non-jailbreaken option.

I agree with your answer but to say I am scared... NO, I have just used the old saying...If it ain't broke don't fix it and my 4S is very stable the way it is. There is only ONE(1) thing I hate about 5.1 or 5.1.1 and that is the damn camera app that satays on the lock screen all the time and other than that I have read the forums and not afraid to do it, I just don't wish to at this time.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you think 5.0.1 is very stable, then you will think 5.1.1 is incredibly stable. ;)

Garz... As the others above you have said and yes I do think the original OS I am using is stable, Your simple comment and the others combined might just convince me to do it and get over the camera app being on the lock screen all the time.

Also to the others... jailbreaking is not my thing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Garz... As the others above you have said and yes I do think the original OS I am using is stable, Your simple comment and the others combined might just convince me to do it and get over the camera app being on the lock screen all the time.

Also to the others... jailbreaking is not my thing.

Yeah unless JB is your thing, you have nothing to lose.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is doing it these days. No peer pressure. You might like it. It's just one time.

Thank you GF for your imput as I appreciate everyones as well as yours.

Just got home from work and will upgrade after dinner and post in here to let everyone who helped me how my experience went to help others.

Jan

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i actually like this feature, have since 5.1. i like to take pics at any moment so very convenient

Blink... I do too and I suppose it it just an esthetics thing that makes the slide lock smaller but I am sure over time I can get over it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to thank everyone who suggested for me to go ahead and update to 5.1.1 to not only get rid of the pesky icon reminder looking at me everytime I looked at the settings icon but it does seem to be very stable and the battery a bit better so again thank you all for the assist.

Also just in case some don't know but I just read a thread in the iPhone 4S forum that you can actually turn off different badge icons or all of them that you have in your notification, just thought I would throw that in.

Jan

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro