Interesting iOS Mail question

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I recently added an account to my Mail app on my phone for a student org that I'm in. It is a shared email account between some other board members and I, so there are a lot of times where I can't just read an email to clear the badge. Is there a way to exclude that account from my badge count? I'm not holding my breath, but I know there is a workaround on Mac OSX by making a Smart mailbox and setting that as your counter. Thanks!

Reactions: nickhono

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the notification settings on your iPhone, locate mail and then disable the badge notification. Keep in mind that by doing so, you won't get any badge notifications for your email account(s).

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In the notification settings on your iPhone, locate mail and then disable the badge notification. Keep in mind that by doing so, you won't get any badge notifications for your email account(s).

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Thought about that as well as disabling push and set to manuel fetch but I don't think that's what the OP is looking for.

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I was hoping I could still see notifications for the other accounts but I wasn't really holding faith that that was possible haha.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Consider setting up a subfolder in that account and having all email go to that subfolder, then exclude that folder when checking for mail. You don't get notifications from subfolders if you haven't checked them.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Depending on the account type, you could use another mail app just for that account, and keep it off your home screen. (Out of sight, out of mind.)

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I recently added an account to my Mail app on my phone for a student org that I'm in. It is a shared email account between some other board members and I, so there are a lot of times where I can't just read an email to clear the badge. Is there a way to exclude that account from my badge count? I'm not holding my breath, but I know there is a workaround on Mac OSX by making a Smart mailbox and setting that as your counter. Thanks!
After you read the email, check for messages again. That will send the changes to your server.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR