Does anyone know how to merge all you contacts together? (2012)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to merge all you contacts together. Not sync!! So for example I have no contacts in my hotmail contacts, but want to put all my iPhone and iCloud contacts in there. Hope this makes sense??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You would have to use something like sync to outlook, then export to something hotmail can import. I don't use Hotmail anymore (for many years) so not sure if there is a way to import? I would think modern Live Mail would work? That is now hotmail too? Right?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I have worked a way. It is s little long winded. But now if I update a contact on my phone in all contacts, it will also update in hotmail too. Thinking about it I may stop using hotmail and just stick with iCloud. Then my phone, iPad and computer will all be just the same contacts. The method I'm using is to merge them into hotmail is to create the contact in hotmail, then link it to my iPhone contact. But long winded, as I need to create every one of my contacts again in hotmail, then link them together.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I have worked a way. It is s little long winded. But now if I update a contact on my phone in all contacts, it will also update in hotmail too. Thinking about it I may stop using hotmail and just stick with iCloud. Then my phone, iPad and computer will all be just the same contacts. The method I'm using is to merge them into hotmail is to create the contact in hotmail, then link it to my iPhone contact. But long winded, as I need to create every one of my contacts again in hotmail, then link them together.

I still use Hotmail as one of my alternate email account via my i-devices, however, in the mail settings (Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars-Hotmail/Exchange), the only thing i have set to "ON" is 'Mail'. By doing so, I am able to select recipients from my default address book whenever I initiate an email message from Hotmail, Yahoo or my other non-iCloud accounts.

Last edited:

Nick_Goodman

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain it a bit. I would like to get my wife off of her outlook desktop client and onto Outlook.com. I am backing her contacts and other things to icloud. When I move her to outlook.com for her desktop computer, I need her contacts to be both on outlook.com and her iphone. Any help would be appreciated. It should be simple, but I dont want to set it all up and have it not work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Merging contacts

Can you explain it a bit. I would like to get my wife off of her outlook desktop client and onto Outlook.com. I am backing her contacts and other things to icloud. When I move her to outlook.com for her desktop computer, I need her contacts to be both on outlook.com and her iphone. Any help would be appreciated. It should be simple, but I dont want to set it all up and have it not work.

Does she already have a hotmail/windows live email account? If so, then she can update it to have an outlook.com account. It is not the same as accessing email via the Microsoft Outlook app.
Anyway, if her contacts are stored on her computer via the Microsoft Outlook app, she should be able to export her contacts to the .csv format. Afterwards, login to your hotmail/windows live or outlook.com account via your computer and import those contacts. After that, configure the i-device to access that particular email account. Afterwards, the contacts will automatically sync to the i-device.

Just Me, D

Nick_Goodman

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I played around with it last night and will more this weekend. The issue is that the contacts on her phone are more updated than her outlook contacts, from what I can tell. It seems easy to go from the synched outlook account to the iphone using itunes, but not easy to go from the icloud to another platform.

Guy Vindevogel

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Just add the skydrive app to your phone, set it to sync contacts with your phone and your done.
Al her contacts managed in outlook.com will be synchro with the phone. Exists for Android and Ios

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit