"Storage almost full" message

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Today I started to get a message continuing to pop-up that said "storage almost full" on my iPhone 4. Yet I have about five gigs of storage remaining on my 32 gig iPhone. I went over to the Apple website, and in the forums it seems to indicate there might be some kind of iCloud storage problem. I am forcing an iCloud back up right now in hopes of solving the problem. In the meantime, the phone is acting very strangely despite a reboot. None of the apps are working correctly. Evidently this happens with this particular message. Have any of you had a similar problem? Presently I have about four gigs of my iCloud storage remaining, so I know it is not close to full. Similarly, as stated above, my iPhone has plenty of storage left despite this error message.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I forced a backup, and it freed up like 8 more gigs of space! Must be some kind of log files. So now the phone is fine. Don't get this at all. Weird. But it worked.

Jess Finnegan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the same message for my iphone 4 with having 8.5G available out of 32, I have cleaned out all my cookies and don't know what else to do to make this message go away. My phone is running slow as hell right now too just sending and receiving text messages. Whatever you did seemed to work per your post. Would you mind telling me how you got it to work?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Kill all your apps and try a hard reset hold home and power button until phone reboots

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same message for my iphone 4 with having 8.5G available out of 32, I have cleaned out all my cookies and don't know what else to do to make this message go away. My phone is running slow as hell right now too just sending and receiving text messages. Whatever you did seemed to work per your post. Would you mind telling me how you got it to work?

How about iCloud storage space ?
If you camera roll is big say 4 gig or pics and video

Plus all the other app data it could be pushing your 5 GB limit

If this is the case other buy more cloud storage ...
Turn it off and backup to your computer manually
Or transfer pics and videos to your computer so that way your backup is smaller than 5 GB

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Bud Frawley

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I was getting this message. Usage showed 0.0 GB Available, 6.3 GB Used. I killed all the apps and restarted. It now shows 4.4GB Available, 1.9GB Used, but I'm still getting the message every few minutes and apps are running very slow. Probably not coincidentally, Email and Facebook are crashing frequently.

Megan McNeill

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have 25 GB on iCloud and it's saying I have 20 left in storage so I don't understand why it keeps saying this about storage. A friend says I need to delete songs from the orange music one and it'll help but scared it'll make me lose my music. I literally can only have like 15 pics on my camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711