Favorite web browser?

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Safari's lack of tab support makes it seem pretty archaic. I'm using Dolphin browser now. By far the best ios browser I've come across. What's your browser of choice?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Safari more than meets my mobile browsing needs.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

3under2

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Atomic because of the downloading and user agent faker. I have SDM, but can't find the conflict to get it to work right .

Scarlet

What's Dolphin? Do I need to investigate ... ?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Atomic. Provides the best "desktop" like experience out of the browsers I've tried so far. Going to try Photon next.

kimhill

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
iCab for me.

Problem is, scrolling on 3rd-party browsers can be choppy, because there is a private API that Apple uses for its own WebKit applications, but doesn't allow third-party developers to use.

newdeal

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

I used to be all about icab but lately I find I prefer Atomic. I will use whichever one updates their graphics to retina first. I hate Safari because often I want to listen to a youtube video and then look at something else on the web, in Safari once you switch from the youtube tab it quits playing it whereas in Atomic and icab the audio will keep playing even if you are looking at something else in a different tab. Also I hate how when you open a new tab safari automatically puts you in the google search bar. Just because I open a new tab doesn't mean I want to search something, just opening to a blank page would be better for me

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Atomic here. Like the tab experience / control and the ad blocker, though I appreciate these features are not unusual these days in alternative browsers to Safari. Easy migration of my desktop's Firefox Bookmarks was a bonus at the time, too.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
surprised no one said Skyfire which lets you watch flash videos on the iPhone.
Cool browsing.

But I'm also with the second guy as I don't browse much.
Laptop is always nearby. Or an App.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I hate Safari because often I want to listen to a youtube video and then look at something else on the web, in Safari once you switch from the youtube tab it quits playing it whereas in Atomic and icab the audio will keep playing even if you are looking at something else in a different tab.

is there a setting for this? 'cause i cannot get it to do this by default (Atomic)

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Safari is by far the best, just because it is integrated so deeply with the system.

That's definitely one thing I'm missing, but I've found the pros of dolphin significantly outweigh the cons of not having an integrated browser. I still use safari for those times when it's required.

Im testing out Mercury now, and so far it's a pretty solid mobile browser.

Does anyone know if Opera ever fixed their embarrassing lack of zoom support?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice