iOS 5.1 turning my volume completely down at random times

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else finding this problem too. Since upgrading to 5.1, the OS turns down my volume to almost 0 and I miss important calls and texts.

One instance is I have an alarm set for 3 am and 6 am. At 3 AM, my alarm goes off just fine, volume nice and loud. I shut it off and get ready for my day. Then at 6 AM, it goes off but the volume is barely noticeable.

:mad:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I actually had a issue a few months back where any volume in the phone would automatically turn down completely. I could watch the bars move down on their own. Turned out to be a hardware issue. Not software. You could restore 5.1 to a new phone just to try and if that doesn't solve the issue your hardware is defective.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, I havent tried a restore yet but will try that tonight and test it out for the next couple of days. Ugh. This is my second 4S. First one bought brand new, had to take it back in about 3 weeks later for a defective home button and they gave me this "refurb". Looks like I may be getting another.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hmm, I havent tried a restore yet but will try that tonight and test it out for the next couple of days. Ugh. This is my second 4S. First one bought brand new, had to take it back in about 3 weeks later for a defective home button and they gave me this "refurb". Looks like I may be getting another.

Keep us posted.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I've found that in some games (Angry Birds and Archetype so far) that the volume will like mute itself and when I go and kill the app and open it back up the sound is back.....I thought it was just me since it only happened once on both games.

eyalrt

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem: Volume is down

Hi There,
I have Iphone 4s. It was working perfectly when I bought it, with version 5.0, and 5.01.
Then I did a big mistake, and I have upgraded it over WIFI to version 5.1.
Since then, my volume goes down frequently, at random times.
I have verified using a local Iphone-lab there is no HW problem.
It's annoying: I have to struggle with the device. I increase the volume, and it goes down, increase, it goes down.
Please advice: Is there any solution but waiting for the next upgrade, hopping it will solve the problem ?

Thank you,

Eyal

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi There,
I have Iphone 4s. It was working perfectly when I bought it, with version 5.0, and 5.01.
Then I did a big mistake, and I have upgraded it over WIFI to version 5.1.
Since then, my volume goes down frequently, at random times.
I have verified using a local Iphone-lab there is no HW problem.
It's annoying: I have to struggle with the device. I increase the volume, and it goes down, increase, it goes down.
Please advice: Is there any solution but waiting for the next upgrade, hopping it will solve the problem ?

Thank you,

Eyal

this is not the first time i have heard (read) about someone having issues after updating via OTA

i would suggest restoring your device via iTunes

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else finding this problem too. Since upgrading to 5.1, the OS turns down my volume to almost 0 and I miss important calls and texts.

One instance is I have an alarm set for 3 am and 6 am. At 3 AM, my alarm goes off just fine, volume nice and loud. I shut it off and get ready for my day. Then at 6 AM, it goes off but the volume is barely noticeable.

:mad:
It might be a faulty remote on your headphones

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I experienced some volume issue after the update but it went away after a few days.
I didn't think much of it because I thought it was my Alarm Clock app.
Good Luck

rescue133

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had this exact problem with my 4S on 5.1. The volume would go all the way to nothing on its own and if I ever so slightly touched the volume buttons. I did not have to push it, just lightly brush it. I tried hard reset, restore, and set it up as a new phone. Nothing helped. No headphones were plugged in. I took it to the Genius Bar and they replaced it after they ran the test and confirmed it was not water damaged. They said they had never seen it before. New one works fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen