iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

wpjtrash

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
If you have a password set it's supposed to be that way.

Sorry, but I'm not clear on what you mean by a password set. I've got my passcode lock in the "off" position and after taking a picture (flipping from the camera locked position), I still only have the trash option in the bottom menu. No option to send it.

Thanks.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting I'd had issues but I thought it was because there are 2 iPhones synching with the voice control on my VW.

My issue was the ringer volume would be turned down all the way and Bluetooth audio streaming was very unreliable and usually did not work. 5.1 now keeps my ringer volume where I've set it and streaming works flawlessly.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)

That makes sense from a security standpoint. You wouldn't want someone that picks up your camera to have the ability to take a picture pretending to be you and then Tweet or Email that picture to someone.

tankcole

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the opposite in 5.0.1. It would stay locked on wi-fi like I wanted it to do, even while locked. Now with 5.1 it drops out of wi-fi and goes back to 3G, then switches to wi-fi when I unlock it.

Odd, to say the least and it might affect battery that way as it's switching between networks upon locking and unlocking the phone. Also it's irritating as hell.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

That's so odd lol. I also want it to stay locked to wifi. The only way to do this that I've found is to activate iTunes wi-fi sync. This comes in handy when I'm in a class with little to no 3G reception.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
That's so odd lol. I also want it to stay locked to wifi. The only way to do this that I've found is to activate iTunes wi-fi sync. This comes in handy when I'm in a class with little to no 3G reception.

Yeah, sucks when your computer you have iTunes on is @ home and your at work or whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that the camera light flashes now without having to do a reset to get it to start working again. haven't had to do that yet.

wpjtrash

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by eaj
When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)

That makes sense from a security standpoint. You wouldn't want someone that picks up your camera to have the ability to take a picture pretending to be you and then Tweet or Email that picture to someone.

But my phone isn't locked by a passcode. It's just on the lockscreen. So if someone picked up my phone, they could open my camera app and sent a picture. However, they couldn't send a picture if they open the camera from lockscreen. This really has nothing to do with locked passcodes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought the enable 3G switch was supposed to be back, why am I not seeing it?

Whether or not the 3G switch is there appears to be carrier related. AT&T does NOT have it, but I have seed screen prints of devices with Canadian carriers where the switch IS present.

IOS-newb

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Some games not connecting to server

Just finished updating my iPad to IOS 5.1. Now most of my games won't start stating "cannot connect to server". Internet connectivity works through Safari, and some Internet connected games work without issue. I've tried to cycle it on-off airplane mode and powered it off/on. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just finished updating my iPad to IOS 5.1. Now most of my games won't start stating "cannot connect to server". Internet connectivity works through Safari, and some Internet connected games work without issue. I've tried to cycle it on-off airplane mode and powered it off/on. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

Try resetting all settings and see if that helps.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I have the same thing with my iPhone and Rock Band and Rock Band Reloaded. I should mention that they said cannot connect to server with 5.0.1b and now with 5.1.Everthing else is going good especially battery which doesn't drain 10% while traveling for an hour underground in the Subway.

Batbriel

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed this, Im not sure if its hardware problem or not but, ever since the 5.1 update, sometimes my phone would dim itself, like if I had my Brightness all the way down, and no matter what I do it wont light up again, I need to turn my phone off and turn it back on so it will fixed. Also, every so often, if I am texting or downloading and App and I get a notification (twitter, Facebook, etc.) the phone Freezes and I have to hard reset to get it out of that state . anyone experiencing this as well or that's and issue with my device. I am not Jailborken and tried restore the phone twice already. TIA :D

Mr_Zach_B

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
APP's Hanging

So when I try to download or update and App it is stuck on "Waiting". This has only been a problem for me since downloading iOS 5.1. Any suggestions?

Elfinmagic1

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Problem with 5.1-- Song Title and Artist not sent to car stereo

Before I installed 5.1, when I hooked my iphone to my car stereo using the iphone connector, it would display the song title and artist. Now it does not work. Is this a bug in 5.1, or is there some way I can work around it?
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh