iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

iVader

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't see any difference. Battery life is the same. I don't use Siri at all, so for me this update has not changed anything. Oh yeah, camera shortcut...

applehead79

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I now do not have iMessage since I've updated to 5.1

If I iMessage to someone still on 5.01 I can do that, but if they try to iMessage me while on 5.1 it goes through as a standard text

Give me 5.01 back for the simple reason of just iMessage

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I now do not have iMessage since I've updated to 5.1

If I iMessage to someone still on 5.01 I can do that, but if they try to iMessage me while on 5.1 it goes through as a standard text

Give me 5.01 back for the simple reason of just iMessage

Yikes! Perhaps yours setting got changed? Can you go to Messages and see if iMessage is turned off?

Also, just have to say how much I love being able to delete photos in Photo Stream. Such a needed feature. My niece loves to play around taking pictures with my phone, but it results in a lot of poor photos and don't need to be documented forever.lol

applehead79

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! Perhaps yours setting got changed? Can you go to Messages and see if iMessage is turned off?

Also, just have to say how much I love being able to delete photos in Photo Stream. Such a needed feature. My niece loves to play around taking pictures with my phone, but it results in a lot of poor photos and don't need to be documented forever.lol
Ya iMessage is still set to on and I checked all other settings and nothing else has changed during the update. Also my wife has the same issue.

BhamBB

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS 5.1 Update Issues

i cannot get either my iP4 or iPad2 to update OTA. The iP4 lets me get to the download screen and when i hit download and accept the new policy, it errors out after 2 min stating "Software Update Failed: An error occurred downloading iOS 5.1". My iPad2 never can get to the download screen. Please help.:confused::confused::confused:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

I can't replicate their claim with a passcode lock, unless the lock is set to a timer (like 1 min) and I manually lock the screen and that 1 minute has not passed. To me, that's normal functionality, since the phone hasn't locked yet.

I get the same screen as you if the lock is set and I try to access pictures or videos. "Your iPhone is locked." If I hit the home button it asks for my passcode.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't replicate their claim with a passcode lock, unless the lock is set to a timer (like 1 min) and I manually lock the screen and that 1 minute has not passed. To me, that's normal functionality, since the phone hasn't locked yet.

I get the same screen as you if the lock is set and I try to access pictures or videos. "Your iPhone is locked." If I hit the home button it asks for my passcode.

Yeah, I'm ready to call "BS" on this one... from where I sit, this is working exactly as it should... no problem here... just some hater b hatin.

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning and was excited to play with my new iOS and then was shocked to see my battery percent is dropping by the minute with regular usage. I never had battery issues before so I'm a little disappointed, considering there was supposed to be a fix. Hopefully it corrects itself but if not then...

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree about iMessage. Mine isn't working either. I tried turning it off and back on. It still goes out as a regular text. The person I'm texting is still on 5.0.1. That shouldn't have anything to do with it.

xandermac

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
When using dictation the screen should turn off when I raise the phone to my ear. This appears to be broken now.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
funny. not only does iMessage work for me but i no longer have the intermittent issue i was experiencing with 5.0.1

sucks for you guys

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iMessage is working as it did prior to the 5.1 update. As for the camera, I Love the new slide up method from the lock screen and my battery life is still being tested. I do seem to stay at 100% longer than before but I never had any issues with battery life.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

applehead79

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya same thing still here on iMessage, only working when sending an iMessage to 5.0 or 5.01

I tried all the steps to get it going and nothing seems to be working....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox