iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

kuntry973

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
i updated my 4S OTA no problem. took about 10-15 mintues.

but one thing i noticed was all the playlist popped up (recently added, played, 90's, to rated all that)

then when i plugged the phone into the computer all those playlist disappeared. i was upset.

anybody have this issue?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So I was on the beta 5.1 and I downloaded the GM 5.1 ipsw from one of the sites and reloaded my phone. I dont have the new camera on the lock screen and my phone says im on build 9B5141a. I tried to resotore my phone again but i was not able to, I kept getting the your phone is not elidgeble for the req file error. I tried it on 2 diffrent computers. Any ideas??

There was no GM and that's not the build of the official. You must be on a beta.

timmyb457

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Read the article again now its been updated

b10cker

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The issue is NOT the one you describe... that post was meant to explain why I was not able to recreate the security flaw described in the referenced link... (This was not initially clear in the linked article, as the video that shows the flaw was not in the initial article. It has been added to demonstrate the flaw.)

The issue is that IF the Passcode Lock is NOT set to IMMEDIATE, one can bypass the security lock code via the lockscreen camera access.

To verify the flaw:

1. Make sure Passcode Lock is set to something other than IMMEDUATE
  2. Have a passcode lock set
  3. Lock your phone
  4. On the lock screen, slide the CAMERA icon up to open the camera app
  5. Tap on the little icon in the lower left corner of the app to access your Camera Roll
  6. From the Camera Roll app, tap the Home button
  7. You now have full access to your phone without entering the lockscreen code

THAT, sportsfans, is the security flaw.

This doesn't bypass the lock on my 4s when it's set to 1 minute.

kuntry973

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
i updated my 4S OTA no problem. took about 10-15 mintues.

but one thing i noticed was all the playlist popped up (recently added, played, 90's, to rated all that)

then when i plugged the phone into the computer all those playlist disappeared. i was upset.

anybody have this issue?

Chaos5061

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 5.1 this morning before work. OTA took about 10-15 minutes. No battery change for me. My problem is the 4G indicator. While at work today in the elevator (where I usually get no signal) It said I had 2 bars of 4G. 2 seconds later with those same bars still up I get the message popup that says I have no service. Didn't we just get that fixed in 5.01 and now we're back to that problem.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
1839a24a-6cf9-c37d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cacb90

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I live in Denver and he have zero 4G HSPA+ or LTE with AT&T but my Iphone shows it up. Yet again Apple lying to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is AT&T the one who lies to its customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My update went well on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
iMessenger worked ok after off/On step.
However I still have a few iPhone users who don't show up as an iMessenger recipients before and after the update.
Good Luck

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning and was excited to play with my new iOS and then was shocked to see my battery percent is dropping by the minute with regular usage. I never had battery issues before so I'm a little disappointed, considering there was supposed to be a fix. Hopefully it corrects itself but if not then...

my battery life is much worse. it is almost 11pm and I have 20%. Before the update at this hour I would have been at around 40%.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5.1 3G toggle bug?

I have been looking forward to the release of iOS5.1 ever since I found out it was bringing back the 3G on/off toggle in the iP4s (GSM), it already existed in the iPh4.

3G reception where I live is poor, I also spend most of the day on WiFi. Although the battery life was not what I would call bad (for my usage), it was nothing like my iPh4 with 3G turned off.

However, I think there must be a bug.

Even though I have turned 3G off, which is confirmed with the 3G icon disappearing in the display AND the signal strength bars going up, some time later, 3G has switched itself back on! I have to go back into settings and turn it off again!

This has happened a couple of times now so I am 100% sure it's not something I am doing wrong. After all, it's not something like an external switch you can accidentally catch, it is buried in the settings menu.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods