- 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM #151
- 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM #152
- 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM #153
- 03-08-2012, 10:19 PM #154
- 03-08-2012, 10:35 PM #155
- 03-08-2012, 10:39 PM #156
- 03-08-2012, 10:40 PM #157
- 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM #158
- 03-09-2012, 12:52 AM #159
- 03-09-2012, 02:06 AM #160iMore Intermediate
- 267 Posts
iOS 5.1 3G toggle bug?
I have been looking forward to the release of iOS5.1 ever since I found out it was bringing back the 3G on/off toggle in the iP4s (GSM), it already existed in the iPh4.
3G reception where I live is poor, I also spend most of the day on WiFi. Although the battery life was not what I would call bad (for my usage), it was nothing like my iPh4 with 3G turned off.
However, I think there must be a bug.
Even though I have turned 3G off, which is confirmed with the 3G icon disappearing in the display AND the signal strength bars going up, some time later, 3G has switched itself back on! I have to go back into settings and turn it off again!
This has happened a couple of times now so I am 100% sure it's not something I am doing wrong. After all, it's not something like an external switch you can accidentally catch, it is buried in the settings menu.
Has anyone else experienced this?
- 03-09-2012, 04:08 AM #161
I have Sprint and noticed a changed in the signal strength. I am getting 4 and 5 bars where before 5.1, it would go back and forth between 2/3 bars and keep changing every few seconds. With the 5.1 update, it stays at a steady strength. I'm very happy with this update.
*Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk*
- 03-09-2012, 04:10 AM #162
- 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM #163
My battery is bleeding. I had it charging overnight in Airplane mode. Took it off at 100% at 6am, turned off airplane mode at 7am, it's at 95% already, and I have sent and received a total of 5 texts, otherwise it's been sitting unused the rest of the time...
- 03-09-2012, 08:57 AM #164
Do you have any apps running in the background? Is your email set to 'fetch' often? Do you have an RSS reader set to sync often? I know you said that it was being unused, however, some people may view the streaming of audio as not using their device, so with that in mind, are streaming audio?
Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)
- 03-09-2012, 09:02 AM #165
- 03-09-2012, 09:07 AM #166
- 03-09-2012, 09:17 AM #167
I have "push email" with that Gmail Exchange, and I've gotten none today so far.
I do not stream, ever, anything period. I don't RSS either, ever, period. I haven't turned on facebook. I kill apps immediately after using. I never leave anything open or running. I haven't done anything with it at all besides 5 total texts.
I also have no location services on besides Find my iPhone, ever. Period. I don't allow it for any apps.
No Wifi, ever. No BT, ever. No Siri, ever (stupidest f'ing thing ever btw)
- 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM #168
- 03-09-2012, 09:51 AM #169
While we're talking about location services . . . I've got a question. Does the location service need to be on for apps like Weather HD or Tom Tom (navigation) in order to work? Seems like the apps would need to know where you are to work . . . correct?
- 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM #170
- 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM #171
- 03-09-2012, 10:01 AM #172
- 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM #173
- 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM #174
- 03-09-2012, 10:09 AM #175