- 03-08-2012, 09:22 AM #101
The only way to prevent bypass is to set the Passcode Lock to Immediate.
- 03-08-2012, 09:37 AM #102iMore Intermediate
- 178 Posts
If someone wants immediate lock, then passcode needs to be set to immediate and nothing longer.
This is not a flaw, it is expected behavior based on the settings.
- 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM #103
The issue is that IF the Passcode Lock is NOT set to IMMEDIATE, one can bypass the security lock code via the lockscreen camera access.
To verify the flaw:
- Make sure Passcode Lock is set to something other than IMMEDUATE
- Have a passcode lock set
- Lock your phone
- On the lock screen, slide the CAMERA icon up to open the camera app
- Tap on the little icon in the lower left corner of the app to access your Camera Roll
- From the Camera Roll app, tap the Home button
- You now have full access to your phone without entering the lockscreen code
THAT, sportsfans, is the security flaw.
Last edited by Fausty82; 03-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
- 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM #104
- 03-08-2012, 10:28 AM #105
- 03-08-2012, 10:33 AM #106
- 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM #107
- 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM #108
This does not work for me - when I do the steps above, I get taken to a screen that shows a pic of a camera in the middle and it says "Your phone is locked. Unlock your phone to see all of your photos and videos. If I then press the home button, the passcode screen comes up
- 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM #109
Steve28, is your time set to "Immediately"? That is what mine is set to and it does not work. I think people are saying if it's set to anything other than "Immediately" you can access your device without unlocking.
I don't know if this is really a security flaw. It's a flaw, sure, but if you have your time set to something like 1 minute doesn't it make sense that it won't ask you for the passcode because the time hasn't passed?
- 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM #110
- 03-08-2012, 10:57 AM #111
So I was on the beta 5.1 and I downloaded the GM 5.1 ipsw from one of the sites and reloaded my phone. I dont have the new camera on the lock screen and my phone says im on build 9B5141a. I tried to resotore my phone again but i was not able to, I kept getting the your phone is not elidgeble for the req file error. I tried it on 2 diffrent computers. Any ideas??
- 03-08-2012, 11:00 AM #112
- 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM #113
- 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM #114
- 03-08-2012, 11:16 AM #115
Download from here iPhone, iPod, iPad and Firmware/Software Download It will be on there, just look for your device. Once it is done downloading, On Mac, you hold down Option + Update/Restore. On Windows, hold down Shift + Update/Restore. Since it's an Update, Click Update haha.
- 03-08-2012, 11:22 AM #116
- 03-08-2012, 11:24 AM #117
So I did a hard reset on my iPhone 4S and now it, too will only bypass the lockscreen until the timer expires...
whew... after all of that, I'd have to agree that this is "working as designed".
- 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM #118
- 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM #119
- 03-08-2012, 11:31 AM #120
- 03-08-2012, 11:33 AM #121
Set password required after 1 minute. Waited the one minute and tried to gain access thru the camera app. No access granted. Works perfectly fine.
Dictation still doesn't work properly though. Screen stays on when the phone is raised to my ear. Can anyone replicate this?
Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
- 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM #122
I have seen a few people on Twitter on the regular 4 say they had this problem. Not JB and they tried both OTA and via iTunes on pc and or Mac. Not sure what the cause of this is. Both of my 4S's updated fine first try via iTunes on Mac. Never tried OTA.
- 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM #123
- 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM #124
- 03-08-2012, 11:55 AM #125
OTA hardly ever works for me. It just checks for about a solid minute then a message pops up that reads "unable to check for update, an error occured while checking for a software update". Am I supposed to be connected to wi-fi just to check for the update? I'd like to do this OTA because my internet at home is so slow and 5.0.1 took almost 2 hours.