Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree3Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have noticed that the camera light flashes now without having to do a reset to get it to start working again. haven't had to do that yet.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Originally Posted by eaj
    When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleScream View Post
    That makes sense from a security standpoint. You wouldn't want someone that picks up your camera to have the ability to take a picture pretending to be you and then Tweet or Email that picture to someone.
    But my phone isn't locked by a passcode. It's just on the lockscreen. So if someone picked up my phone, they could open my camera app and sent a picture. However, they couldn't send a picture if they open the camera from lockscreen. This really has nothing to do with locked passcodes.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

It's great that my battery woes are a thing of the past since the 5.1 update.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

I thought the enable 3G switch was supposed to be back, why am I not seeing it?
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by rewNATION View Post
    I thought the enable 3G switch was supposed to be back, why am I not seeing it?
    Whether or not the 3G switch is there appears to be carrier related. AT&T does NOT have it, but I have seed screen prints of devices with Canadian carriers where the switch IS present.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Whether or not the 3G switch is there appears to be carrier related. AT&T does NOT have it, but I have seed screen prints of devices with Canadian carriers where the switch IS present.
    I'm on Verizon and it's not there
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I have AT&T and have always had the 3G switch. I still do on 5.1 too.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
    I have AT&T and have always had the 3G switch. I still do on 5.1 too.
    same here. probably iPhone 4 specific
    iPhone Nanite

Default Some games not connecting to server

Just finished updating my iPad to IOS 5.1. Now most of my games won't start stating "cannot connect to server". Internet connectivity works through Safari, and some Internet connected games work without issue. I've tried to cycle it on-off airplane mode and powered it off/on. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    22,451 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by IOS-newb View Post
    Just finished updating my iPad to IOS 5.1. Now most of my games won't start stating "cannot connect to server". Internet connectivity works through Safari, and some Internet connected games work without issue. I've tried to cycle it on-off airplane mode and powered it off/on. Still no luck. Any suggestions?
    Try resetting all settings and see if that helps.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by IOS-newb View Post
    I have the same thing with my iPhone and Rock Band and Rock Band Reloaded. I should mention that they said cannot connect to server with 5.0.1b and now with 5.1.Everthing else is going good especially battery which doesn't drain 10% while traveling for an hour underground in the Subway.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Has anyone noticed this, Im not sure if its hardware problem or not but, ever since the 5.1 update, sometimes my phone would dim itself, like if I had my Brightness all the way down, and no matter what I do it wont light up again, I need to turn my phone off and turn it back on so it will fixed. Also, every so often, if I am texting or downloading and App and I get a notification (twitter, Facebook, etc.) the phone Freezes and I have to hard reset to get it out of that state . anyone experiencing this as well or that's and issue with my device. I am not Jailborken and tried restore the phone twice already. TIA
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    same here. probably iPhone 4 specific
    Now i really wish i didn't waste two hours updating to 5.1 for nothing
    iPhone Nanite

Default APP's Hanging

So when I try to download or update and App it is stuck on "Waiting". This has only been a problem for me since downloading iOS 5.1. Any suggestions?
    iPhone Nanite

Default Problem with 5.1-- Song Title and Artist not sent to car stereo

Before I installed 5.1, when I hooked my iphone to my car stereo using the iphone connector, it would display the song title and artist. Now it does not work. Is this a bug in 5.1, or is there some way I can work around it?
    Thanks!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0 b.1

Not sure if the same for the iPad 2, but on the new iPad. When you want to send a picture using your camera. You get the old camera interface, not the new one where it is transparent.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stoneland View Post
    Anyone else not a fan of the camera shortcut? I don't like how short the unlock bar is now!
    I'm NOT UPDATING because of this change - tried it on others updated phones and I can't stand it. Oh well...
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    It's out today, what are your issues?
    If the lockscreen camera is opened and closed many time, without sleeping the iPhone, the camera will not show an image until sleeped.
    Visit us at opticdev.com
    Twitter: @OpticDev
    Facebook: Optic Dev
    iPhone Nanite

Default Apple the Target of a Consumer Group?

Found this posting on the web for a consumer group in NC, the North Carolina Consumers Council, that at first glance seems to be taking on Apple over the bugs in iOS 5.1. Do you think there is any hope for us? Here's what they write:

"NCCC challenges Apple to step up to the plate and make things right with consumers, whether through correcting the issues, replacing devices, or other forms of compensation. It appears from the complaints received in our office that things are getting worse for consumers using Apple products, not better."

I like how they call the Siri Virtual Assistant a "Virtual Paperweight."

Apple Releases iPhone 4s Battery Life iOS 5.1 Software Update
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Apple the Target of a Consumer Group?

I did the upgrade on my iphone 3 and now I have no hotspot I have done the settings/general etc but still no hotspot please help
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910