How's your 4s battery life with 5.1?

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems about normal, same as 5.0.1. Maybe a little better. I'm at 3 hours 19 minutes usage and 14 hours 39 minutes standby and at 36%. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was already pretty good, but I can't deny that I've noticed an definite improvement in battery life with both my iPhone & iPad.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it's still too early to tell quantitatively, but from an initial observation mine seems marginally worse than with 5.0.1.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If apple can't get it's great battery life back on 3G I find it hard to relieve the battery life of an iPhone with lte would be any better than current lte phones

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
4257484b-e05a-9e3d.jpg
Mine has pretty good a lot better than before on 4s

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to say it is better. I used to keep my brightness around 20% and now it I about 80% and only lost 15% while usin 1 hour straight. That is a huge improvement for me.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Personally,I do not think 5.1 increased anyone's battery life substantially. From what I can tell, Apple seemed to have made adjustments for when the phone is in standby, reducing drain at idle.

There are examples of people going a day or two without charging, showing high usage and having excellent battery life remaining since, the update.

However, the key is, how is the device being used? If I use my iPhone strictly to playback music guess what, I can show extremely high usage and can easily go almost two days before having to charge again. Conversely, if I use my iPhone primarily for making calls and a little surfing, with a usage of around 5 hours then, you can bet the battery will be almost fully depleted (by days end). I would factor in a reasonable standby time of 12 hours to be fair. But not even close to a day or more. This I think is more the norm.

I feel the overwhelming majority of people under mixed usage, calls, email, surfing, messaging, facebooking, tweeting, etc will get through most of the day (14 hours?)) before having to charge.

Again, I feel Apple tweaked the idle drain, and not, specifically, the phones features. For example, if the talk time for the phone was 8 hours (on 5.0.1), I do not think the update (5.1) made it 9 hours so on and so forth.

To really know if battery life changed dramatically (as proclaimed by some), a controlled test would have to be done. Two phones with the different softwares being utilized exactly the same way. That's the only way of knowing for sure.

This is solely my take on things...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW