Visit site
I just downloaded on my iPhone4s
Settings-general-software update using wifi
Try it.

Sent into space from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the OTA...tried through iTunes...tried the direct link through Safari. Can never get it started. My iPhone stays stuck on "estimating time remaining", then shows an error that it cannot connect.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I am at home now, and am doing it through itunes and it seems to be fine......maybe they somehow blocked the ability to do it via phone only for now, and once the mad rush is done they will open it up?? not sure if that is possible or not.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Strange..... Well my update went through perfectly when done via iTunes. Up until that point though I was getting the same error when attempting to do it over the phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I am at home now, and am doing it through itunes and it seems to be fine......maybe they somehow blocked the ability to do it via phone only for now, and once the mad rush is done they will open it up?? not sure if that is possible or not.

I'm sure that's possible... but it's not what happened. I updated 5 devices (2 iPhones, 2 iPads and an iPod) OTA over the course of the day... I did 2 devices before noon MST... and the other 3 between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm MST yesterday...

Trust me, nothing was blocked...

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tried OTA unsuccessfully several times; all I get from iTunes is never-ending "Contacting the iPhone Update Server." Oh well, I'll try later tonight; it isn't like my iPhone and iPad don't still work just fine without this update...

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know a trusted mirror server to download 5.1 from? For some reason my internet will not let me get it through any apple related server.

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else still not able to update? I can't update my iPhone 4 or IPad 2. On the iPhone it shows the update but stays on estimating time available for 2 minutes then gives me an error.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR