DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR iPhone to 5.0

Banleno

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I want to strongly advice against anyone considering to upgrade to OS5.0. The os is very unstable and you can be sure that your apps will have problems - even after updating. First I couldn't even start the app. Rebooted the phone - same result. Updated all apps and then I could start but at least for Skype and Msn they kicks me out of the app every now and then.
Unfortunately greedy Apple don't allow me to go back to the previous version without stealing all my purchased apps and data. If I want the apps back I have to purchase again they tell me!!!!
The data - just forget about it.

At this time DO NOT UPGRADE you iPhone until Apple has fixed a stable version and tested through the apps for compatibility with the new os.
g.php

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Really? I have had this ios since i got my device. I have no issues what so ever. I think you need to wipe and reload because most people are on this os. with the exception of the iphone 3g has known issues

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, iOS 5 has been out for months and is working fine. If your device has that many issues it's time for a clean restore, because it has bigger issues than an iOS upgrade could cause.

What device are you using? And what firmware were you on before?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the other people who've already replied, iOS 5 is working great on my device and none of the installed apps are malfunctioning.

Just Me, D

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I'd have to agree with the majority, iOS 5 is sweet.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have 5.0.1 going since Nov and I'm fine with no issues either.

I would take Joe fresh & Massie's advice to do a restore as new for the phone, it sounds like something didn't load right for you. Make sure you do a back up first:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro