Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Is iOS5 the "buggiest" iOS yet?

Just wondering if you guys have all experienced some form of bug or another on this OS? I think from battery problems to connectivity issues, this iOS has been the most problem-filled iOS to date. I haven't met one person who is on this OS without some sort of issue or another. Apple is growing in terms of users but this OS is seriously starting to annoy me. There has to be a solution to most of these problems because I've never had most of these issues when i was on iOS4.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

simply put, no
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,393 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No issues here.

Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mavericks 10.9.4
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Nothing but improvements for me
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,366 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Worst release was some of the 4.1.x releases, nothing but problems. It wasn't until iOS 5 that they were fixed; such as the unreliable unlock slider that I suffered through for quite a while.

Now, iOS 5 does have noticeably worse battery life but after using it for months now that's just the way it works. As for connectivity I also feel that is improved over iOS 4 releases.
    Last edited by sting7k; 02-07-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

I haven't noticed any real bugs EXCEPT for the Camera/Photos bug...but maybe it's just me. Whenever I take a photo and then view it by hitting the bottom left button and delete it and go back to the Camera, the deleted photo still shows up in the little button. Annoying more than anything...

Global Posts
    19,278 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by stoneland View Post
    I haven't noticed any real bugs EXCEPT for the Camera/Photos bug...but maybe it's just me. Whenever I take a photo and then view it by hitting the bottom left button and delete it and go back to the Camera, the deleted photo still shows up in the little button. Annoying more than anything...
    I've never noticed that before, but you're right, the photo does remain in the bottom left preview screen after deletion. Still, that won't annoy me, especially knowing that the photo is removed from the camera roll. Anyway, thank you for pointing the bug out. Take care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by stoneland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I've never noticed that before, but you're right, the photo does remain in the bottom left preview screen after deletion. Still, that won't annoy me, especially knowing that the photo is removed from the camera roll. Anyway, thank you for pointing the bug out. Take care.

These were bugs from way back in 5.0 beta 1. As far as I can tell, 5.1 beta 3 has it fixed. Currently, just force quit the camera app and relaunch it. It will clear it.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah

Global Posts
    19,278 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    These were bugs from way back in 5.0 beta 1. As far as I can tell, 5.1 beta 3 has it fixed. Currently, just force quit the camera app and relaunch it. It will clear it.
    Of course.