Android user thinking about going to iPhone..

bailman

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So I have been an Android user for 4 years, blackberry prior to that. I am seriously considering an iPhone, especially if the next version is lte capable. Who has made the switch from Android to iPhone? What do you like/dislike? What do you miss? Just looking for honest opinions. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch and I like the better battery life. I miss the widgets but the widgets sometimes caused problems. I like that the OS is very smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Made the switch last week myself. You won't be disappointed except for maybe live wallpaper and widgets. I missed my simple blank main home screen I had on Android, so I just moved all my app icons over to the subsequent pages. All good now. Really does work better in my opinion. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have been an Android user for 4 years, blackberry prior to that.
Like you, I, too, came over from Android and before that, Blackberry and Palm.
I am seriously considering an iPhone, especially if the next version is lte capable.
You have quite a decision to make, but i think that if you did make the switch, there is a very good chance that you will be happy that you did. Of course, that is not a guarantee.
Who has made the switch from Android to iPhone? What do you like/dislike? What do you miss? Just looking for honest opinions. Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
As I stated above, I made the switch. I like the Apple ecosystem, the support, the amount of apps, the build quality & professional look of the device and call quality, to name a few. What I don't like about it is the minimal amount of control over settings in comparison to Android and the lack of widgets, but those are arguably minor. Keep in mind that I owned an iPhone 3G a few years back and knew what I was getting into when I made the switch. Anyway, when I left Android for the iPhone 4S, the very first thing I missed was the 4.3 inch display as well as the auto- formatting of web pages but, I quickly made the adjustment and have come to adore the retina display. I thought I'd miss the speed of WiMAX, but then I noticed and was impressed with the 3G speeds of the iPhone (I'm on the Verizon Network). Hopefully, my reply was helpful to you. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Welcome.

I have equal opportunity bias here. I have stock in both Apple and Google, I use several tech platforms.

I went to iPhone for personal use because of a particular business app I depend on and because of apps for music (playing and learning, not listening). Sometime I miss the widgets.

Let stuff like apps be a big factor in what you choose. There are great ones for both platforms.

Good luck.

Briannawilks

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The thing I miss most about android was the customization features. But I'd take my iPhone battery over android any day!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The thing I miss most about android was the customization features. But I'd take my iPhone battery over android any day!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I missed the customization as well. But not anymore. Now that my 4S is jailbroken I have customized it to my liking.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. I am thinking of buying a used iphone since I do not have an upgrade. Do you think the 4s is that much better than the 4 to spend the extra money or just get an iphone 4 and possibly save the extra money and use that towards the next iphone?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a question. I am thinking of buying a used iphone since I do not have an upgrade. Do you think the 4s is that much better than the 4 to spend the extra money or just get an iphone 4 and possibly save the extra money and use that towards the next iphone?

if money is a concern then i would say get the 4 since it will be cheaper..? still a solid device

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
if money is a concern then i would say get the 4 since it will be cheaper..? still a solid device

Money isn't really a concern, I was just looking for opinions as to whether to get the iphone 4 and then probably the next iphone or if the 4s is just that much better than the i4 to go with that.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Money isn't really a concern, I was just looking for opinions as to whether to get the iphone 4 and then probably the next iphone or if the 4s is just that much better than the i4 to go with that.

Hard to say if the June release date for the next iPhone is true or not. If it is, I would say go with the 4 now and wait for the next iPhone. However, if you want the better iPhone now, I would go with the 4S. It is faster with a better camera.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of the doing the same thing..get the 4s now, sell it when the next iPhone comes out and use my epic touch in between that time..

kj11

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
my Droid X has finally drove me to this point. At first I loved it. Going from Blackberry to Android was life changing...but after about a year it just wasnt exciting anymore, and the random reboots, phone heating up, and poor battery life really annoyed me. The random reboots are getting out of control. Two this morning on a 20 minutes drive to work.

Getting my iphone Saturday!

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I made the switch from Android to iPhone when the 4s was released.
I had the original Galaxy S and the Droid 2 Global.

You are definitely going to love the stability of iOS. Everything is smooth as butter. The camera is great as well. Battery life is a little better than on Android, but not by much. I do use my phone a lot though.

I missed the ability to customize my phone like I could on Android, but after jailbreaking I love my iPhone more than ever!

The only thing that I have serious envy for is a larger screen. 3.5 inches seems small now-a-days. Hopefully the next iPhone will have a larger screen!

Phonitive

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Each OS has it own pros and cons.
Stability and the great number of quality apps for IOS,
Widgets and the infinite customizations possibilities for Android.

It really depends on what you do with your phone and what you expect of it!

kj11

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
my Droid X has finally drove me to this point. At first I loved it. Going from Blackberry to Android was life changing...but after about a year it just wasnt exciting anymore, and the random reboots, phone heating up, and poor battery life really annoyed me. The random reboots are getting out of control. Two this morning on a 20 minutes drive to work.

Getting my iphone Saturday!

I lied...couldnt wait until Saturday so I left work early yesterday and got iPhones for my wife and myself. Really enjoying it. It was ridiculously easy to sync all the apps and music from my iPad2...why didnt I do this sooner???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I lied...couldnt wait until Saturday so I left work early yesterday and got iPhones for my wife and myself. Really enjoying it. It was ridiculously easy to sync all the apps and music from my iPad2...why didnt I do this sooner???

Congratulations! I'm glad you and your wife are pleased with your new devices and have joined the rest of us who've found joy with our Apple products. Take care and have a great weekend.

Just Me, D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Each OS has it own pros and cons.
Stability and the great number of quality apps for IOS,
Widgets and the infinite customizations possibilities for Android.

It really depends on what you do with your phone and what you expect of it!

Excellent post and 100% true.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro