Hotmail...

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I had it set up on my phone, but was a pain because even though i deleted the mail it would re-download to my device moments later.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Since iOS 5 came out even if I setup hotmail as exchange using the manual settings it goes back to native setup but it still performs like exchange.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a still a hotmail user and I do have it setup via exchange on my iPhone and iPad and im satisfied with the way my devices handle it Hotmail is my secondary account, by the way.

Just Me, D

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually closed my gmail account because of the new policies they have in place.. I recently opened a new @live account.. I know it's a different handle but it's a hotmail account none the less.. I haven't had any trouble with my live account on my iPod touch..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone will actually leave it when the new privacy policy goes into effect.

I cancelled my Gmail service because of it. Until, I cancelled, Gmail had been my primary email & calendar service for years although, I've had Yahoo!, Hotmail and AOL Mail longer. Apple iCloud is now my primary and, thus far, I'm satisfied with it. Hotmail is my secondary (for business use), Yahoo! Is used primarily for Fantasy Football and AOL is my junk mail account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not worried too much about the new Gmail privacy policy as I do not use Google+, YouTube, etc. and usually use Incognito for browsing. I use Hotmail for junk and other mail but just access through the web browser on my iPhone, and I use Gmail set as an exchange account to sync contacts and calendar events.

Curious though how those who are upset at the new Gmail policy feel about Facebook. They know where you live, who you are friends with, where you are right now and quite a bit more personal data that people offer up. Based on data in their S1 filing they have a return on sales of around 25% meaning to me that possibly advertisers are willing to pay at higher rates than Google or other services for the intense targeted advertising info they are selling on their users, although as more financial info is offered up that view may change.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was an avid Gmail user but have switched to using iCloud as my main mail account. I've noticed my Hotmail has issues syncing on my iPhone now. Weird?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I use gmail as my primary and hotmail as my secondary but I think I'm gonna delete it soon, it acts goofy and pushes mail when i don't want it to

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
--snipped--
Curious though how those who are upset at the new Gmail policy feel about Facebook. They know where you live, who you are friends with, where you are right now and quite a bit more personal data that people offer up. Based on data in their S1 filing they have a return on sales of around 25% meaning to me that possibly advertisers are willing to pay at higher rates than Google or other services for the intense targeted advertising info they are selling on their users, although as more financial info is offered up that view may change.

I deactivated my Facebook account almost 3 years ago after using it for a short period of time. I never really liked it and I hated how intrusive it was.

Just Me, D

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Can someone give me a quick summary of the new privacy policy and why it is a problem? Just wondering, I have been using gmail for years as my main email... 2nd question too, does the iCloud service for email have any extra benefit, like better push, more features?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Do you have Hotmail setup as Exchange (m.hotmail.com)? If not, maybe try that...

I'd love to use my iCloud as my main, but my fear is, in time to come I may switch to another device type. Doing so would cause an issue using iCloud.

Plus, I wonder if the web version (Calendar and the likes) are slow like it was in the Mobile ME days?

I was an avid Gmail user but have switched to using iCloud as my main mail account. I've noticed my Hotmail has issues syncing on my iPhone now. Weird?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I closed Facebook, most annoying. And as for Twitter, I've simply stopped posting for now...

I deactivated my Facebook account almost 3 years ago after using it for a short period of time. I never really liked it and I hated how intrusive it was.

Just Me, D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2