How do I put photos from my computer onto my iphone 4S?

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have some pictures from my old blackberry that I want to upload to my phone.

One way i've seen is to upload them all to dropbox then save them back down onto my iphone

but is this the only way to do this? i have to manually save each and every photo down from the cloud.

Is there a simpler way to put photos back onto the device?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Mac: use iPhoto to import photos. Open iTunes. Sync photos.

Windows: use bdm to import photos to my pictures. Open iTunes. Sync photos.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But can I delete them from the iphone once I upload them or do I have to de-sync them?

If you decide you no longer want them on your phone, you would "de-sync" them. (Delete them from your synced folder, then resync your phone.)

Here are the basic steps:
-on your computer, put them all into a folder called iPhone Photos or whatever.
-sync that folder to your iPhone using iTunes by plugging in your phone and making sure it's selected in the sync options panel.
-add or delete from that folder on your computer, and resync as needed

If you need to be able to delete them from your phone, you want to save them to Camera Roll; for that you would need to use Dropbox or something similar, or email them to yourself and save them on your phone.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If you need to be able to delete them from your phone, you want to save them to Camera Roll; for that you would need to use Dropbox or something similar, or email them to yourself and save them on your phone.

Not necessarily...hook the phone into the computer using the data cable and view the internal storage..add/delete away!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily...hook the phone into the computer using the data cable and view the internal storage..add/delete away!

It's true that you can do that to an extent, but I was trying to keep it simple. On my laptop, for instance, when you open an iPhone as an attached camera it won't let you drag/drop images into the phone...my thinking is just that most people probably aren't interested in looking for the right folders and whatnot.

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

More info on how to do this?

I saw something a while back but I wasn't sure it was the right way.

How do i set the phone up when I connect it as remote storage?

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
More info on how to do this?

I saw something a while back but I wasn't sure it was the right way.

How do i set the phone up when I connect it as remote storage?

I have windows 7, so keep that in mind...I did nothing as far as setting up remote storage or anything like that...

plug phone into the usb port, wait for it to recognize it's connected, open "my computer" where it shows all the drives, click where it says "apple iphone" (that's what mine says), double click internal storage, then double click the next couple of folders till it pulls up all of your pictures....then you can drag & drop into that folder and they will show up in your camera roll on the phone. it's basically the same as using a cd-rom or jump drive

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know you could get into the iPhone drive that easily. But the reason they use iTunes is simple: storage. iTunes compresses the pix and they take up way less room if they're big files, say, from a real camera.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
true, there are better ways for different circumstances but for pictures he has that were taken with a blackberry this might be the easiest way

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
deleteing phones from iphone

I have om my iphone, camara roll, camera stream, photo libary,camera. How do you delete photo, not folder but photos. With a blackberry and a droid it was so simple. Select what yo want hit delete. Any one know how . Seems Apple likes to make the more complacted and then some thing so simple.:confused:

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have windows 7, so keep that in mind...I did nothing as far as setting up remote storage or anything like that...

plug phone into the usb port, wait for it to recognize it's connected, open "my computer" where it shows all the drives, click where it says "apple iphone" (that's what mine says), double click internal storage, then double click the next couple of folders till it pulls up all of your pictures....then you can drag & drop into that folder and they will show up in your camera roll on the phone. it's basically the same as using a cd-rom or jump drive

Any suggestions for a OS X user?

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Why cant they make it like all the other smart phones

when it come to transfers, I have camra rool, Photo stream Pholo library and picture.
How do I grt ride of some of these folds and delete pic with out them coming back from some where.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
when it come to transfers, I have camra rool, Photo stream Pholo library and picture.
How do I grt ride of some of these folds and delete pic with out them coming back from some where.

I have the same folders I originally deleted all of them using iFile but when I re-synced my photos it created a photo library folder a camera roll folder and the Photo stream folder. The photo library folder duplicates the camera roll folder now I have double the amount of pictures stored on my iPhone.

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I know what you mean s

I have the same folders I originally deleted all of them using iFile but when I re-synced my photos it created a photo library folder a camera roll folder and the Photo stream folder. The photo library folder duplicates the camera roll folder now I have double the amount of pictures stored on my iPhone.

Maybe other members can shed some light on this.

Paul Eastwood

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You can always e mail the photo's to yourself and then open them on your phone rather than on your laptop. Open the e mail and save pics to camera roll by tapping on them when you open it :)

Paul

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have some pictures from my old blackberry that I want to upload to my phone.

One way i've seen is to upload them all to dropbox then save them back down onto my iphone

but is this the only way to do this? i have to manually save each and every photo down from the cloud.

Is there a simpler way to put photos back onto the device?

I suppose I am just missing something in all these posts I don't know but on my Windows computer I have ALL my photos depending on the subject in seperate folders.

When I go into iTunes and plug in my phone I simply click on my device once it shows in iTunes... Go to the tabs at the top and choose Photos. From there I select to Select photos and it then shows me all my folders of photos. I then select by checkbox which ones I want and then simply hit the sync button and that is it. I now have all the photos by neat folders on my phone and I do this with Movies/videos and anything else as well.

If I missed something my apologies and if I added something I am glad. Best of luck to you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can always e mail the photo's to yourself and then open them on your phone rather than on your laptop. Open the e mail and save pics to camera roll by tapping on them when you open it :)

Paul

Do you realize how many emails you would have to do this to if you wanted many photos?? Quite a task.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73