Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laelipoo
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Default How do I put photos from my computer onto my iphone 4S?

I have some pictures from my old blackberry that I want to upload to my phone.

One way i've seen is to upload them all to dropbox then save them back down onto my iphone

but is this the only way to do this? i have to manually save each and every photo down from the cloud.

Is there a simpler way to put photos back onto the device?

Global Posts
    2,517 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mac: use iPhoto to import photos. Open iTunes. Sync photos.

Windows: use bdm to import photos to my pictures. Open iTunes. Sync photos.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    saichick04 likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

But can I delete them from the iphone once I upload them or do I have to de-sync them?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

I just hook my iPhone up like a jump drive and drag & drop the pics I want onto the phone...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by NegroNapoleon View Post
    But can I delete them from the iphone once I upload them or do I have to de-sync them?
    If you decide you no longer want them on your phone, you would "de-sync" them. (Delete them from your synced folder, then resync your phone.)

Here are the basic steps:
    -on your computer, put them all into a folder called iPhone Photos or whatever.
    -sync that folder to your iPhone using iTunes by plugging in your phone and making sure it's selected in the sync options panel.
    -add or delete from that folder on your computer, and resync as needed

If you need to be able to delete them from your phone, you want to save them to Camera Roll; for that you would need to use Dropbox or something similar, or email them to yourself and save them on your phone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post

If you need to be able to delete them from your phone, you want to save them to Camera Roll; for that you would need to use Dropbox or something similar, or email them to yourself and save them on your phone.
    Not necessarily...hook the phone into the computer using the data cable and view the internal storage..add/delete away!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Roll-Tide View Post
    Not necessarily...hook the phone into the computer using the data cable and view the internal storage..add/delete away!
    It's true that you can do that to an extent, but I was trying to keep it simple. On my laptop, for instance, when you open an iPhone as an attached camera it won't let you drag/drop images into the phone...my thinking is just that most people probably aren't interested in looking for the right folders and whatnot.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Beginner

More info on how to do this?

I saw something a while back but I wasn't sure it was the right way.

How do i set the phone up when I connect it as remote storage?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

More info on how to do this?

I saw something a while back but I wasn't sure it was the right way.

How do i set the phone up when I connect it as remote storage?
    I have windows 7, so keep that in mind...I did nothing as far as setting up remote storage or anything like that...

plug phone into the usb port, wait for it to recognize it's connected, open "my computer" where it shows all the drives, click where it says "apple iphone" (that's what mine says), double click internal storage, then double click the next couple of folders till it pulls up all of your pictures....then you can drag & drop into that folder and they will show up in your camera roll on the phone. it's basically the same as using a cd-rom or jump drive
    iPhone Beginner

I didn't know you could get into the iPhone drive that easily. But the reason they use iTunes is simple: storage. iTunes compresses the pix and they take up way less room if they're big files, say, from a real camera.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

true, there are better ways for different circumstances but for pictures he has that were taken with a blackberry this might be the easiest way
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default deleteing phones from iphone

I have om my iphone, camara roll, camera stream, photo libary,camera. How do you delete photo, not folder but photos. With a blackberry and a droid it was so simple. Select what yo want hit delete. Any one know how . Seems Apple likes to make the more complacted and then some thing so simple.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iPhone Beginner

I have windows 7, so keep that in mind...I did nothing as far as setting up remote storage or anything like that...

plug phone into the usb port, wait for it to recognize it's connected, open "my computer" where it shows all the drives, click where it says "apple iphone" (that's what mine says), double click internal storage, then double click the next couple of folders till it pulls up all of your pictures....then you can drag & drop into that folder and they will show up in your camera roll on the phone. it's basically the same as using a cd-rom or jump drive
    Any suggestions for a OS X user?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    485 Global Posts

Lol, nope...that's completely foreign to me
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default Why cant they make it like all the other smart phones

when it come to transfers, I have camra rool, Photo stream Pholo library and picture.
    How do I grt ride of some of these folds and delete pic with out them coming back from some where.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by danncas View Post
    when it come to transfers, I have camra rool, Photo stream Pholo library and picture.
    How do I grt ride of some of these folds and delete pic with out them coming back from some where.
    I have the same folders I originally deleted all of them using iFile but when I re-synced my photos it created a photo library folder a camera roll folder and the Photo stream folder. The photo library folder duplicates the camera roll folder now I have double the amount of pictures stored on my iPhone.
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default I know what you mean s

Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    I have the same folders I originally deleted all of them using iFile but when I re-synced my photos it created a photo library folder a camera roll folder and the Photo stream folder. The photo library folder duplicates the camera roll folder now I have double the amount of pictures stored on my iPhone.
    Maybe other members can shed some light on this.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: How do I put photos from my computer onto my iphone 4S?

You can always e mail the photo's to yourself and then open them on your phone rather than on your laptop. Open the e mail and save pics to camera roll by tapping on them when you open it

Paul
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,294 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8.1.2

I have some pictures from my old blackberry that I want to upload to my phone.

One way i've seen is to upload them all to dropbox then save them back down onto my iphone

but is this the only way to do this? i have to manually save each and every photo down from the cloud.

Is there a simpler way to put photos back onto the device?
    I suppose I am just missing something in all these posts I don't know but on my Windows computer I have ALL my photos depending on the subject in seperate folders.

When I go into iTunes and plug in my phone I simply click on my device once it shows in iTunes... Go to the tabs at the top and choose Photos. From there I select to Select photos and it then shows me all my folders of photos. I then select by checkbox which ones I want and then simply hit the sync button and that is it. I now have all the photos by neat folders on my phone and I do this with Movies/videos and anything else as well.

If I missed something my apologies and if I added something I am glad. Best of luck to you.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,294 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Eastwood View Post
    You can always e mail the photo's to yourself and then open them on your phone rather than on your laptop. Open the e mail and save pics to camera roll by tapping on them when you open it

Paul
    Do you realize how many emails you would have to do this to if you wanted many photos?? Quite a task.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Nanite

Hi, new to the forum, hope you can help me!
    I'm trying to move photos from PC to iphone 4. I've got the photos in a folder. In itunes I click on my Device and tell it to Sync Photos from the name of my folder. Itunes then displays the number of photos in that folder; which gives me some hope! But then I hit sync and itunes goes thru the whole 5 step process and even says it's importing photos, and the correct number of photos that are in the folder. The sync closes without any error messages.
    However, under My Device, there is no Photos listed, only Music, Films, etc. The GB Free on my iphone remains the same, I would have thought 140+ photos would take up some space! And of course I can't find the photos on my phone.
    Can anyone help?
    I used to have to use photostream or something but I dont think itunes uses that anymore.
    I don't want to use icloud as I back up all my photos to dropbox and don't want to duplicate.
    I just want to have a particular folder of photos on my phone. Once they're on, I just want to be able to see them, I don't need to edit or anything.
    Cheers