Does the alarm go off while the phone is off?

Wretch 12

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My alarms are synced via Google Calendar and if I had a new event it's going to sync to all of my other devices and won't remove from some of them without manually doing it. So I'd really rather not and I'd appreciate an answer from someone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by "the phone would start." The screen comes on while the alarm is ringing so you can tap Snooze.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No, the iPhone does not have an auto on/off feature that bb has so that you can set that, and then in turn set an alarm to sound 5 mins after turning on. If the iPhone is off, the alarm will not sound.

On the other hand, if your iPhone is on, but you have the side switch set to vibe all, the alarm will still sound as it normally should. I do this every night so that my incoming texts or emails don't wake me, but my alarm will. :)

Wretch 12

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok, thanks all, but thanks Pink, I'll just do that, though I'll probably disable vibration so it doesn't vibrate off my bedside cabinet and smash in to pieces.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
No, the iPhone does not have an auto on/off feature that bb has so that you can set that, and then in turn set an alarm to sound 5 mins after turning on. If the iPhone is off, the alarm will not sound.

On the other hand, if your iPhone is on, but you have the side switch set to vibe all, the alarm will still sound as it normally should. I do this every night so that my incoming texts or emails don't wake me, but my alarm will. :)

This is exactly what I do.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok, thanks all, but thanks Pink, I'll just do that, though I'll probably disable vibration so it doesn't vibrate off my bedside cabinet and smash in to pieces.

No problem, but to be honest the vibe isn't that strong on the iPhone so you may not have to turn it off. I would test it while your still awake to see how much it "moves" on your end table. I have mine in an OB defender case so the grippy back of it keeps my phone from "moving" or sliding. What ever you wanna call it lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh