5.0.1 9A406 (new build number) is out for the iPhone 4S

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I just read about this on modmyi.com and redmondpie.com. Did anyone install it yet? I am still on 5.0.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have no notifications about a update but I heard of it too. I would think a update would come as 5.0.2 so I just wonder if its a beta since the build # is just one after the previous and they never took it any further. Curious to know more if anybody has any info on this.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't lie. They released 4.4.4 for the 2nd gen Apple TV. The minor 5.0.1 tweak is strictly for the the 4S.

sorry I'm a noob and I'm just trying to help out and I deserve to be punished by your harsh words that sound like you're trying to kick my ass

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So Did anyone download it or try it? I wanna know if its worth it or better then 5.1 beta 2? apparently it fixes the battery issue a little..?

madcat21

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Did a fresh install with it on my Iphone 4S. Haven't noticed anything different other than the modem firmware going from 1.0.13 to 1.0.14.

madcat21

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Also I read here: Apple releases new build of iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S | The Verge
That iOS hacker MuscleNerd recently tweeted an unusual observation about the update: it's the first official 4S firmware with an accessible encryption key for the main file system, meaning you can browse the file system from a PC unimpeded. Lots of folks are pointing out that this means users will be able to get at Siri's files without committing piracy, and that could lead to a field day for Siri hacks. There's no official word from Apple at this point on exactly what's changed.

As well as this: iPhone 4S displays 'No Service' or 'No SIM Card Installed' because it was updated for today and if you look at the bottom it mentions this new version of Ios 5.0.1.

Last edited:

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It does seem like the battery is lasting better than 905. It is early to tell, but I am going to give it the weekend to see if I like it over 5.1b2.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Does this build HAVE to be installed manually or will it become available via iTunes or even as a direct download 'software update' from the iPhone 4s it's self?

edit: Since posting it has become obvious that you need to restore your iPhone to pull in the new build.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh