- 01-11-2012, 11:06 AM #151
lately iMessage has been picking and choosing when it wants to work-even when the message doesn't go through I still get the 'delivered' on my end. smfh. Ugh !!
It doesn't happen a lot, but frustrating When it does!!
Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
- 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM #152
Sometimes, when I wake up my phone and try to 'Slide to Unlock', it will only alllow me to go halfway and then the arrow jumps back to the left. I will have to hit the sleep/wake button again, and wake the phone back up to 'Slide to Unlock'. Am I the only one with this problem?
- 01-18-2012, 12:05 AM #153
It bothers me when I am typing a message and I want to go back to change something in the middle of a word, and I can't just tap where I want the cursor to go without is selecting the entire word. A minor thing but to me it is quite annoying.
Unless there is some way to do it that I have missed....which is entirely possible. ha
- 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM #154
- 01-19-2012, 09:34 AM #155
While I am in an app and double click the home button to see and close other running apps I should be able to see the app currently running and close it if I want to. Instead I have to minimize the app and double click home again and close it from there.
Folders should close after I select an app this should not be something I have to jailbreak to accomplish. Same goes for the phone app as well.
Adding custom ringtones/notifications is a PITA. This is something I should be able to accomplish on the phone itself.
I should not have to lombotomize a phone in order to get the battery to last.
Accessibility options are not "accessable" if you need more than 4 clicks to get to them.
There are more but a majority of them have been answerd in the previous pages.
- 01-20-2012, 07:28 AM #156
The mail app pisses me off all the time. On a thread with frequent replies, or graphs, the text is so small I have to zoom in and the pan back and forth to read the email. Dont understand why apple hasnt figured this out yet. Just make the text the same size regardless of what is in the body of the email. What really pisses me off is that sometimes it does reformat the text so you can read it, other times it doesnt.
- 01-20-2012, 07:38 AM #157
- 01-21-2012, 09:46 PM #158
1) can't save mp3's out of email
2) Adding ringtones is a hassle
3) No sound profiles (ie mute everything but phone calls at night)
4) No Travel apps that write to the main calendar that can then sync back to Outlook/Exchange server (this one really surprised me since other mobile platforms have been doing it for years)
5) silly 'bubbles' for text messaging. Would like the option to have this in just lines instead of the cartoon bubbles
6) no toggles to easily turn on/off wifi/bluetooth/etc without digging into the settings. I realize you can get this with jailbreak, but my iphone is corporate issued and they shut off the Exchange sync if you jailbreak
7) Can't hide the Newstand icon anywhere - I want to dump it into a folder with stocks, weather, ibooks, and all the other built in crapware that I don't use.
I'm sure there's more, but those are the things I have found after 2 weeks with an iphone.
- 01-21-2012, 11:40 PM #159
I switched from Windows Phone to an iPhone 4 yesterday, but have had an iPod Touch 4th gen for a while. Something that absolutely drives me nuts is the browser address bar. It is so far behind Windows Phone's its ridiculous. My complaints are as follows: 1. Having a separate search and url section is just silly. Joint the modern browser era and switch to a unified bar that handles both. 2. You can't scroll back in the URL bar. For example you are on city.craigslist.org/search/mda=123595746.html and want to search for the same thing in a different city, say city2. In Windows Phone you simply swipe the URL and it scrolls to the beginning, select the text you want to change and done. In iOS, you have to select text then drag the text selector to the beginning then select the text you want to change (city.craigslist... to city2.craigslist...). It honestly takes me 2 to 3 times longer to edit a URL in iOS as it did in Windows Phone. To most, this may seem a minor complaint, but I do this on multiple sites and do it frequently throughout the day, so it has become a major pain.
Another is that the weather icon is always 73 and Sunny. In Windows Phone, using live tiles instead of icons (they are sort of an icon widget hybrid, or instead of putting a badge on an icon, it simply modifies the icon) the icon changes to reflect the actual weather. You don't have to open an app, swipe to a notification area, or anything. I kept the weather tile at the top of my homescreen so all I had to do was unlock my phone and bam, weather.
So far those are my two biggest complaints.
- 01-22-2012, 08:12 AM #160
- 01-23-2012, 11:49 AM #161
- 01-23-2012, 08:49 PM #162
what does my iPhone do that pisses me off??
it makes me want to pick it up and fiddle with it for hours on end. almost like it calls my name when it does not get used after 5-10 min--
"BLiNK, come pick me up. you know you want to. just do it. do it-do it-do it..."
- 01-24-2012, 10:32 AM #163
- 01-25-2012, 01:20 AM #164
- 01-26-2012, 08:02 AM #165
- 01-26-2012, 09:30 AM #166
- 01-26-2012, 12:04 PM #167
- 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM #168
- 01-27-2012, 10:10 AM #169
- 01-27-2012, 03:57 PM #170
- 01-27-2012, 05:52 PM #171
Last edited by Slinkwyde; 01-27-2012 at 05:56 PM.
- 01-28-2012, 01:43 PM #172
- 01-29-2012, 12:44 AM #173
- 01-29-2012, 02:33 AM #174
The side detail I'm referring to is that he is treating iBooks like an unused app that he can't delete (grouping it with Weather, Stocks, etc in an "unused apps" folder). The iBooks app is not like the other apps in that folder. It can be deleted. He can't get rid of Newstand or the other apps, but he can get rid of iBooks. So why hasn't he? I don't know how I can make this any clearer.
- 01-30-2012, 01:30 PM #175
Newsstand is built in and something I do not use, therefore want to hide it along with the stock weather app, Stocks.