What does your iphone do that pisses you off?

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My one and only complaint is how autocorrect is done. The spacebar should not automatically insert the word. I should have to tap the word if I want it. There is websites based on dumb autocorrects because of this flaw. I know you may say turn off autocorrect problem is I need it because I am terrible at spelling. Just my two cents

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I disagree entirely! I love that the auto-correct is nearly automatic. It means I can type quite fast without having to pause because the auto-correct is pretty good at guessing what I was supposed to write. If there is a word which consistently auto-corrects wrong, you can always add a new shortcut to the keyboard settings with respect to that particular word.

For what it's worth, though, I absolutely love this feature and would hate to have to "tap" the correct word. IMHO.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have with autocorrect is the so to do thing. Other than that it saves me a lot of time for corrections. :)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I disagree entirely! I love that the auto-correct is nearly automatic. It means I can type quite fast without having to pause because the auto-correct is pretty good at guessing what I was supposed to write. If there is a word which consistently auto-corrects wrong, you can always add a new shortcut to the keyboard settings with respect to that particular word.

For what it's worth, though, I absolutely love this feature and would hate to have to "tap" the correct word. IMHO.

I find that most times the autocorrected word isnt even the word I want.. thats why I see it as a flaw if it was accurate maybe it would be more useful..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My volume buttons are loose and have a rattle to them. But not a big enough deal for me to get it swapped. Just a annoyance.

4Him

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Notification while on phone

I hate when I'm on the phone and a notification comes in it chimes right in your ear interrupting the phone call. I came from a BB and it sensed when the phone was at your ear and shut down notifications until the call was over.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of my phone when the camera freezes up at just the wrong moment but then I remember to close down all my apps that are running in the background and that will speed things right up again.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of my phone when the camera freezes up at just the wrong moment but then I remember to close down all my apps that are running in the background and that will speed things right up again.

this has never happened to me before D:

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I hate when I'm on the phone and a notification comes in it chimes right in your ear interrupting the phone call. I came from a BB and it sensed when the phone was at your ear and shut down notifications until the call was over.

I miss a lot of the little things that BB does.

terryzx

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Phone Dialing

Does not have phone call dialing by name like the Android phones have always had. Having to open and search the address book is an unnecessary waste of time and VERY ANNOYING

Thomasj106

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have several

1) Saving contacts from Recents does not allow you to place them in a group. I have + 3,400 contacts. Sorting through them after is a pain.
2) No way to send an email to a whole group at one time.
3) Adjusting notification preferences can be annoying. I have Notifications from CNN turned off because they were bombarding me. I still get them at the top of the screen when I'm in an app but never get them on the notification green itself. Apple has not been able to help me with this.
4) A full custom setting for an alert in Calendar. The choices are so limited in iOS but are not in iCal.
5) AirPrint. Ever since HP stop building decent printers I stopped buying them. How about AirPrint across the board? We have all of this technology and we can't print to any WiFi printer? Really?
6) This is more iCloud but related: Why not DropBox type storage? I'm going to miss iDisk.
7) This is more iTunes Sync but related: Streaming w/o downloading. My iPhone is bogged down with music.
8) Color code Reminders in iOS to match the Lists in iCal. The Calendars in iOS match the calendars in iCal, why not the same for Reminders?
9) This is more OS X but related: Reminders in iCal should be divided into Lists as they are in iOS. I realize technically they are, but have no heading above each list to indicate what lists the items are in. I have 15 lists. Adding a reminder to the correct list so that it shows up in Reminders on the device is cumbersome as is.

I have more but don't want to hog up the page. :rolleyes:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Does not have phone call dialing by name like the Android phones have always had. Having to open and search the address book is an unnecessary waste of time and VERY ANNOYING

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If I open Siri (or voice control on other devices) I can say " Call Mark home" and it would call Mark's home number. Is that not what you're looking for?

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have a minor annoyance with is in the messages app sometimes it seems impossible to push the send button. It looks like I pushed it and the screen will time out. Then I check it again and I never hit send? The hell? :rolleyes: That's probably on me but still. haha
I have seen this same behavior. I also have started getting a lot of spaces for letters that are near the space bar. I thought it was me but I am seeing that the accuracy of the keyboard is a bit off.

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Explain, because I can push the home button and tell it to dial someone in my contacts.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
If this is something that you type often, I'd suggest adding a shortcut for 't', to thus be replaced with TX, or tx. I bet that would solve the issue...

Bam, I win :)

It really twists my melon when I'm texting someone and in my sentence I type "tx" for short and my phone always wants to give me "RX" and sometimes I fix it, then it auto corrects again, by the third time the light bulb finally lights up in my head, and I finally X out the box LOL (duh!!) !! :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2