Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,647 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,752 Global Posts

    Default iOS 5.1 Beta 2 is out.

    Feast upon it. I am loading it now and will report back with changes I see.
  2. #2  
    zm976311's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Feast upon it. I am loading it now and will report back with changes I see.
    Deleting individual photos in Photo Stream is the big one... been reported already, but in case someone didn't know, that's the big new feature
  3. #3  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,047 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

    Default

    That is awesome, zm###. (Yea, I'm too lazy to copy the numbers.) Been dying to clear out my photostream.
  4. #4  
    Possession's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    59 Posts

    Default

    I'm very happy about the photostream. Now just fix the battery life and 5.1 will be a joy for me on my 4S.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,647 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,752 Global Posts

    Default

    baseband was updated to 1.4.00. That's a pretty big jump. Since it's a new qualcomm chipset revision on the 4S, I am sure they are just refining some internal plumbing.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 12-12-2011 at 03:50 PM.
  6. #6  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,779 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zm976311 View Post
    Deleting individual photos in Photo Stream is the big one... been reported already, but in case someone didn't know, that's the big new feature
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    That is awesome, zm###. (Yea, I'm too lazy to copy the numbers.) Been dying to clear out my photostream.
    OoOoOoOoh yes , this is great news about photo stream I have quite a few ss's that I need to clear out of photo stream lol.
  7. #7  
    Kristy_Lyn's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

    Default

    This is great news. I too have many of photos that I would prefer not showing up on my apple tv screen saver. There have been a few awkward moments to say the least. I can't wait to clear out some of my embarrassing photo stream! ?
  8. #8  
    Shooter03's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    489 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy_Lyn View Post
    This is great news. I too have many of photos that I would prefer not showing up on my apple tv screen saver. There have been a few awkward moments to say the least. I can't wait to clear out some of my embarrassing photo stream! ?
    Ha ha, it's very awkward when the in-laws are over.
  9. #9  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,915 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,843 Global Posts

    Default

    It sucks that iOS 5.1 is lacking new features. The only thing noticed is the photo stream deletion.
  10. #10  
    Optic Dev's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default

    Maybe Third-Party Widgets will be an upcoming feature?
  11. #11  
    gizbug's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    107 Posts

    Default

    Wonder if the battery issue is finally fixed ?
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,647 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,752 Global Posts

    Default

    Well how do you personally define fixed? If you're having poor life right now, does a 30 minute increase indicate a fix? 1 hour? 2 hours?
  13. #13  
    v1nn1e's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizbug View Post
    Wonder if the battery issue is finally fixed ?
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably not. Since it became such a widely reported issue, I'm sure Apple would have mentioned it in the change log if they made any significant progress on the issue.
  14. #14  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    well how do you personally define fixed? If you're having poor life right now, does a 30 minute increase indicate a fix? 1 hour? 2 hours?
    <3 <3 <3 <3
  15. #15  
    gizbug's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    107 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    Well how do you personally define fixed? If you're having poor life right now, does a 30 minute increase indicate a fix? 1 hour? 2 hours?
    Fixed as in going to bed at 10pm with 100%, waking up at 6am with 65%........................................


    So if we have the IPSW file, how can we install this, and not lose the settings we have on our phone?
    Last edited by gizbug; 12-12-2011 at 08:54 PM.
  16. #16  
    v1nn1e's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizbug View Post
    Fixed as in going to bed at 10pm with 100%, waking up at 6am with 65%........................................


    So if we have the IPSW file, how can we install this, and not lose the settings we have on our phone?
    Well, if you install it and you aren't a registered developer -- your awesome iPhone will update to a really expensive doorstop.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,647 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,752 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizbug View Post
    Fixed as in going to bed at 10pm with 100%, waking up at 6am with 65%.....................................
    So again....what do you consider improved? 70%? 85%?
  18. #18  
    toomanyphones's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    167 Posts

    Default

    I will wait until after vacation to play around with this beta. I have no battery issue on this iPhone 4S an want to keep it that way. If I go to bed with 100%, I will still have 95% to 97% depending on the amount of email that came after 6 hours. I can get as high as 20 hours at home with great signal and as low as 6 in a building with poor signal of normal usage.
  19. #19  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,915 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,843 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizbug View Post
    Fixed as in going to bed at 10pm with 100%, waking up at 6am with 65%........................................


    So if we have the IPSW file, how can we install this, and not lose the settings we have on our phone?
    No matter what version I have ran on the 4S, I have never lost more than 3% over night. Maybe you have a defective phone.
  20. #20  
    nj1266's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizbug View Post
    Fixed as in going to bed at 10pm with 100%, waking up at 6am with 65%........................................
    If you are having such poor battery drain with your phone, then I doubt that there is a software fix for it. Return it to Apple and get another one.
  21. #21  
    sharky2006's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

    Default

    I have terrible battery life and was told its due to poor reception... not sure if thats right or not but it seems believable.
  22. #22  
    Avenged110's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    46 Posts

    Default

    I've been digging through every piece of this update and here's what I've found. Some of these were small tweaks present in Beta 1 but not reported.

    First off I'm on a 4 and getting great battery life. I mean it's like unbelievably great. I'm impressed.

    Shorter "Slide to Unlock" slider on lock screen.*Idk why but this pisses me off.

    "Go to this address" placeholder text in address field of Safari.*

    "Sleep iPod" changed to "Stop Playing" in timer settings in Clock app.*

    "iPod Voice control is always enabled" changed to "Music Voice Control..." in pass code settings.*

    'Use location' toggle in Twitter settings for account removed.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,647 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,752 Global Posts

    Default

    I do notice my 3G speeds are slower. I routinely hit 5 mbps 5.1 beta 1 and below, but with this firmware, I have yet to hit 4 mbps. Barely even 3.5.
  24. #24  
    ElwinAdam's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    63 Posts

    Default

    i just updated and it looks pretty good but even after restarting my phone the battery level may be just a tad worse then before..but I'm not entirely sure other then that its still good but they should work on bigger projects then smaller ones to be honest
  25. #25  
    royolpunk's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged110 View Post
    I've been digging through every piece of this update and here's what I've found. Some of these were small tweaks present in Beta 1 but not reported.

    First off I'm on a 4 and getting great battery life. I mean it's like unbelievably great. I'm impressed.

    Shorter "Slide to Unlock" slider on lock screen.*Idk why but this pisses me off.

    "Go to this address" placeholder text in address field of Safari.*

    "Sleep iPod" changed to "Stop Playing" in timer settings in Clock app.*

    "iPod Voice control is always enabled" changed to "Music Voice Control..." in pass code settings.*

    'Use location' toggle in Twitter settings for account removed.
    dang. I didn't notice the smaller slider until you mentioned it. haha. thanks for the heads up!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions