Organizing Apps in iTunes?

bugeyed

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to change the genre of apps? I would like for them to reflect the folder that I have them in. Ideally, I would like to have iTunes display the apps in the folders that I have them in on my phone. I think. This second thought may make finding apps more difficult & confusing, as I use a Touch as well.

Thanks,
kev

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
the only thing that will reflect the way you have it on the phone is by plugging your phone in and going to the app syncing page.... the actually apps location in itunes does not line up to the phone.

you should submit feedback to apple however I doubt it will ever happen as they have applications separated by iphone,ipad,etc

Apple - Feedback

rat tat tat

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
you can change the genre of the apps but it may not match the namings of the folders if that is what you're looking towards. For ex. Facebook (Social Networking), Tweetbot (Social Networking), etc. will fall into the Social folder which the folder you can rename. If you want the apps to have the genre just to be Social changing it from Social Networking to Social then it may work. Other than that don't really know what else.

bugeyed

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
you can change the genre of the apps but it may not match the namings of the folders if that is what you're looking towards. For ex. Facebook (Social Networking), Tweetbot (Social Networking), etc. will fall into the Social folder which the folder you can rename. If you want the apps to have the genre just to be Social changing it from Social Networking to Social then it may work. Other than that don't really know what else.

I tried to change the genre of apps in iTunes & couldn't. I went to Get Info & then Info, but all entries are grayed out. Do I have to change the meta data outside of iTunes?

k

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried to change the genre of apps in iTunes & couldn't. I went to Get Info & then Info, but all entries are grayed out. Do I have to change the meta data outside of iTunes?

k

I think the genre is only used when its put in a folder on the phone not in itunes itself..

Itunes sorts by type ipad iphone ipod touch etc automatically and cant be changed I dont think.

rat tat tat

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

k

The process requires a small tweak. Pretty simple. A .plist editor and a .zip application is needed. I have uploaded a sample of what apps i have installed. Hopefully the image isn't too small to see. Apps can be split into apps and/or genres. Apps show iphone, ipod touch, and ipad apps with genres - Genres show genres and how many apps fall into those genres in tunes. On the device doesn't matter too much. Once you place the app or apps into a folder, a default name is given in which you can rename. Hope this help answer your question.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro