text message bubble colors?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Something weird is happening. Lately, when i send a text message, the text bubble comes out in a different color. I don't know if it depends on the contact, or maybe the day of the week, or what. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm not jailbroken.:confused:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
and it does depend on the contact the blue bubbles (imessage) can only be sent to other people with iPhones, ipod touches, or ipads

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
and it does depend on the contact the blue bubbles (imessage) can only be sent to other people with iPhones, ipod touches, or ipads

O.K. I think that i've got it. I didn't know that i had iMessage. I guess that when i text someone who has an iPhone, it automatically goes into iMessage mode. Cool. Thanks for the help.:)

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
O.K. I think that i've got it. I didn't know that i had iMessage. I guess that when i text someone who has an iPhone, it automatically goes into iMessage mode. Cool. Thanks for the help.:)

Yes, it does as long as they have iMessage activated.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've also noticed that Apple is registering phone numbers on their servers. Friend of mine had iOS 5
last month on her iPhone 4. She ended up having a hardware problem and had to get it replaced. The
phone she has now currently isn't on iOS 5 yet. So whenever I start a convo with her, it's already
iMessage and I have to end up sending it manually as a regular text message.