Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Can not activate iphone 3gs when upgrading to IOS5

Can imagine that there are many who have had the same problem as me. 've Looked around a lot on the internet but found no answer so I write my own thread here instead ..

When I resume my 3gs related to the IOS 5 so it gets stuck already at the first steps, like this it says:

Iphone could not be activated because the activation server is unavailable at the moment. Try to activate by connecting the iPhone to iTunes and try again in a few minutes.

I tested both through networks and through itunes at least 50 times these past 24 hours but it does not work!

Thought jailbreak it first but I will not even enter the menu so it is welling out of the question given that I can not access Cydia?

Anyone know what's wrong? My friend said that maybe I needed to unlock it but I do not want to pay 40 dollars just to busy out the IOS 5 and I can not reset the phone either, because that itunes can not find the iphone device because it can not find my simcard strangely .

Grateful for answers!
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

I am currently in the same position as you with my iphone 3gs. If you do find a way then please let e know and if i find a way then i will surely let you know how to resolve this matter.
    iMore Genius

3,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts

Get a new SIM?