notifications on lock screen question

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to make it so every time I get a new email, the phone's screen does not turn on? I want the email notifications to show on the lock screen, but I only want to see them when I push the home button. I don't want the screen to turn on every time a message comes in. I leave it next to my bed, and it lights up during the night several times. Very annoying.
All I want to be able to see is if I have a new email. I don't care who the email is from or what it is about. Just some sort of indication that there is new email waiting to be read. I want to see this at the lock screen. Ideally I want to be able to just take my phone out of my pocket, push the home button and see/not see if there is new email.
Any help is appreciated.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to make it so every time I get a new email, the phone's screen does not turn on? I want the email notifications to show on the lock screen, but I only want to see them when I push the home button. I don't want the screen to turn on every time a message comes in. I leave it next to my bed, and it lights up during the night several times. Very annoying.
All I want to be able to see is if I have a new email. I don't care who the email is from or what it is about. Just some sort of indication that there is new email waiting to be read. I want to see this at the lock screen. Ideally I want to be able to just take my phone out of my pocket, push the home button and see/not see if there is new email.
Any help is appreciated.

No, as of now, that is the only way you can see if you have an email on the lockscreen unless you're jailbroken. Even that's pretty good since before IOS 5 you couldn't even do that unless you were jailbroken.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Why wait? The tethered and semi-tethered options are working wonderfully. At this point I'm not even concerned about the untether anymore.
(Incidentally, one of the reasons I jb is so I can set up my notifications the way you describe. Working great!)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if you have an iPhone 4, go for the tethered jailbreak. there is really nothing wrong with it like Massie said. If there were a tethered option for the 4S, I would have it. The perks of having a jailbreak out way the downfall of a tethered jailbreak IMO. And now with the semitethered option, it's great!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner