iOS 5.0.2 is coming

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Once again, BGR plays the role of Captain Obvious... yes, there will be a 5.0.2 to correct issues that 5.0.1 did not fully resolve, and ones that cropped up as a result of 5.0.1 - get excited a release my be soon when 5.0.2 gets seeded to developers.

Next BGR headline: Sun rises in the East, sets in the West... smh...

Edit to add: Here's what BGR should be talking about:

iOS 5.1 update to let Siri ?take a picture?, ?make a video?, ?switch on/off WiFi? and more? | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Caveat:
With that in mind, skepticism is advised as Macerkopf.de is not a terribly reliable publication when it comes to peering into the crystal ball on Apple.
:D

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
5.0.1 didnt nothing to improve battery life. Battery life is not bad but like to see better.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Once again, BGR plays the role of Captain Obvious... yes, there will be a 5.0.2 to correct issues that 5.0.1 did not fully resolve, and ones that cropped up as a result of 5.0.1 - get excited a release my be soon when 5.0.2 gets seeded to developers.

Next BGR headline: Sun rises in the East, sets in the West... smh...

Edit to add: Here's what BGR should be talking about:

iOS 5.1 update to let Siri ?take a picture?, ?make a video?, ?switch on/off WiFi? and more? | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Caveat: :D

I'm not a BGR fan by any means, but if you read the article, it does in fact mention the Siri enhancements such as taking a picture/video/toggling settings. Both BGR & 9to5Mac source the SAME German article lol.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There are some that were not having battery issues while on iOS 5 that did after they updated to 5.0.1, therefore I will take a wait and see what happens approach to this next update before going ahead with it. I don't see the point to fixing something when it isn't broken now. At least with my iPhone 4 it's not.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to hear there will be another iOS fix on the way for the people that are still having battery issues on 5.0.1. I had the batt issues, but I was lucky enough when I did a whole restore as new to my 4S and then just synced my info back w/out using a recent back up, my battery life improved tremendously. I can now go a full 24 hours with 6-7hrs of usage before I need to charge up again.

So when this release does pop up, I will just wait patiently like Irish Rose said and see whats going on with it before I even think about dwlding and upgrade my os that i have now. :)

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There are some that were not having battery issues while on iOS 5 that did after they updated to 5.0.1, therefore I will take a wait and see what happens approach to this next update before going ahead with it. I don't see the point to fixing something when it isn't broken now. At least with my iPhone 4 it's not.

Wished I would have taken a "wait and see" approach before installing 5.0.1, live and learn...I've learned I won't be so quick to install the 5.0.2... lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wished I would have taken a "wait and see" approach before installing 5.0.1, live and learn...I've learned I won't be so quick to install the 5.0.2... lol

The people who had excessive battery drained seem to update OTA. I did via itunes and it didnt hurt battery stats.

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Same here. For sure going to wait it out and see what others have to say before installing

06FG2

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Yuppp..I waited a day..Only because It would take forever on my apartment internet.

Quick side question..I have my contact on iCloud, and I guess my apps on itunes..If i do a full restore it'll sync all my contacts from iCloud right? I may try a full restore.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yuppp..I waited a day..Only because It would take forever on my apartment internet.

Quick side question..I have my contact on iCloud, and I guess my apps on itunes..If i do a full restore it'll sync all my contacts from iCloud right? I may try a full restore.

Yes 06FG2, the cloud will put your contacts back. I had mine set for contacts, calendar and photo stream. I did a restore as new iPhone and after I signed into my iTunes account my contacts were then there, from there I usb'd to iTunes and synced back my apps--I didn't restore from back up. Just make sure you do an iCloud back up BEFORE you do the restore so your info is current. Also, just for safe measure do an iTunes back up also.

From doing this, my battery life is amazing now. I'm currently at 1day 1hr with 4/5hr usage and I still have 21% left.

Good luck I hope this will bring improvements for you:)

06FG2

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes 06FG2, the cloud will put your contacts back. I had mine set for contacts, calendar and photo stream. I did a restore as new iPhone and after I signed into my iTunes account my contacts were then there, from there I usb'd to iTunes and synced back my apps--I didn't restore from back up. Just make sure you do an iCloud back up BEFORE you do the restore so your info is current. Also, just for safe measure do an iTunes back up also.

From doing this, my battery life is amazing now. I'm currently at 1day 1hr with 4/5hr usage and I still have 21% left.

Good luck I hope this will bring improvements for you:)

Not to steal the thread away..But I downloaded 5.0.1 on itunes a few days ago..and now there's no 'downloads' tab or w/e will i have to re-download the whole 5.0.1? I'm nervous to click 'restore' hahaha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh