Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't get a screen shot but I left work at around 4:00pm with around 9.5 hrs of standby and a hair over 2 hrs of usage and still had around 70% of my battery left.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
:DWoW !! That's great to hear, I'm happy this seems to have panned itself out !!

Yeah I think you guys were right and it was something that got fixed after the reboot. I also removed Osfoora HD the only app that hasn't been updated since iOS 4. I removed the location from Safari(big one in my opinion) and removed the calendar notifications from the NC. I don't use my iPad at work anyway I just had that on because I could. So I think the whack of that stuff had a profound effect because now I'm getting 4-5 days between charges with regular use. I don't use my iPad hardcore so I'm not saying this is what everyone else can expect but the best I had was in iOS 4 at 3 days so it's a huge improvement.

Tibfib

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
For my iPhone 4S, the battery life was great with 5.0.0. It wasn't until I wifi-updated to 5.0.1 that I started getting bad battery life. I read somewhere that there may be an issue with wifi updates leaving residue so perhaps that could be the cause.

I'm doing a factory restore now, I'll let you know if I start getting better battery life.

EDIT:

Didn't seem to change much. Perhaps some slight improvement... but nothing groundbreaking. I did restore the phone back to its backup instad of setting it up as a new iPhone.

Last edited:

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
9c8add99.jpg

What do y'all reckon?

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is my most recent battery results. I seem to be averaging 8-9 hours of usage and 1 day of stand by. I am very happy with these results.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish I can get that much usage

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

There is no reason why you should not. Here are my settings for my iphone 4 if you care to try them:

I use WiFi at home and turn cellular data off. I have Icon Project which makes this very easy.
I use cell data in the field and turn WiFi off.
I have the following in my notification center:
Phone
Whatsapp
Mail (3 mail accounts set to get mail every hour)
Calender
NFL 2011
F1.com
Speed
NFL Mobile
Words
Location is on for:
MotionX GPS Drive
MyWeather
Vlingo
Yelp
Find My Iphone
System Services are all turned off except cell network search. I sometimes turn them all off.
Bluetooth off unless I need it.
Ping is off in Restrictions
iCloud set to back up to back up Contacts, Calenders and Bookmarks.
When I installed 5.0.1 I did it OTA. But I redid it once I plugged my iphone to Sync with iTunes. Somehow, iTunes decided to download and redo the 5.0.1. I have on idea how this happened.
I do a RESET ALL SETTINGS every now and then. Not a Restore, just a RESET. You will have to redo your settings, but it is very easy to do once you get the hang of it.
I let the battery drain down below 20% almost everytime I use it. I drain it till the phone shuts down on occasion.
When I charge the phone, I let it charge til the battery icon becomes a plug and then leave it on the charger for 15-20 minutes. I take the phone off the charger and let it drain to about 95%, then charge it back up again like before.
I have Battery Doctor so when I wake up at night I look at the phone and if it is fully charged I unplug it and leave it in airplane mode til I wake up in the morning.

That is pretty much it.

Last edited:

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
my usage as of now been on her pretty good today lots of gaming and FB also a few text been really impressed so far

beamed from my 4s using Tapatalk

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I take the phone off the charger and let it drain to about 95%, then charge it back up again like before.

thats really bad for the battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner