Post battery screenshots 5.0.1

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the best I have had so far- left it on all night and kept wi fi on. I notice it eats battery faster on 3G, despite the fact I have 2-3 bars in my house.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
since i have been stock, for almost a week now, i have had a chance to monitor my battery usage

on an average i am getting 5.5-6 hrs usage with about 18-24 hrs standby

i have no idea how some people are getting 7-8 hrs usage

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
since i have been stock, for almost a week now, i have had a chance to monitor my battery usage

I have no idea how you're getting 5.5-6 usage... I wish I could come close to touching that

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

:)BLiNK, on an average charge/good day for me-i can get 7-8hrs usage with 1day5hrs standby. Alot of my usage now has been playing music, reading a book or doing some light surfing on line if my ipad isnt in my hand:)

right now i'm at 1h 43m usage/17h 13m standby with 80%.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

i get around 5.5/6 hours too. i used to get closer to 7 back when i had 4.6.1 (or whatever the latest one was). but around 6 is typical for me. how do people get nearly 8 hours?

Ktwblack

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If i could only put my iphone down long enough to get some realistic numbers. Most of the time my usage is almost the same as my standby. But thankfully even unplugging it at 9 a.m and using it more than half of the time it has been unplugged (14 hours to 15 hours) it still last all day and into the early morning. I would like to see how much it gets if im not obsessively picking it up every 5 mins. :rolleyes:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Putting it down was my problem. I'd be on the forums using Tapatalk when I had a laptop close enough that I could use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
now i'm ready for a charge:);)

1324387816.png

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...rather consistently. I tend to use my device the same everyday. Except for yesterday where I made at least 6 phone calls. I can't stand to talk on the phone (I do enough of it at work, in I.T. support).

nice, very nice. are you getting these kind of results consistently or just every once in a while?

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged at 7am. I have 69% battery. 2 hrs 6min usage and 5hrs 59 min standby. is that any good?? I didnt think i had dreadful battery life until i starting seeing some your posts in here! LoL

I did a restore yesterday and updated the software so today's the first day running that. Not noticing any changes. (I'm on the 4s)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Second that! Lol... but seriously jealous. I can't get anywhere near 6 hrs, let alone 8.

:psheeeesh !! you too !! LOL

I unplugged at 7am. I have 69% battery. 2 hrs 6min usage and 5hrs 59 min standby. is that any good?? I didnt think i had dreadful battery life until i starting seeing some your posts in here! LoL

I did a restore yesterday and updated the software so today's the first day running that. Not noticing any changes. (I'm on the 4s)

Well Jo, its OK. What i would suggest doing now is do a total drain on the battery till it dies and charge up to full 100%, and then go from there to see how your battery does.

When i first upgraded to 5.0.1 ots from my iphone, my batt life was yukko !! I did a restore as "new" and didnt use a previous back up. I just used the cloud for my contacts and calendar, and photo stream for my pix. then I usb'd to itunes and did a fresh sync of my apps & music. After all that, i drained my battery to zilch. What you see posted above is what i normally get. Now, when the weather is crappy here it does affect my signal and my battery will drain a little faster, which is to be expected dealing with incliment weather. Its a pattern i've had when i was on my bb, and now i see the same with my iPhone--so that doesnt worry me.:)

In addition to your battery drain, it also depends on what you have running as well. I dont use FB, twitter or anything like that. Honestly the only thing my iPhone is pulling is a fetch every hour for my 3 email accts. and my Fahrenheit weather app that updates hourly i think it is. I do keep location set to "on" and when i'm home--i'm hooked into wifi. :)

just to add, i'm no pro--all i can say is what i've posted has helped me to obtain great battery life. What worked for me may not work for another--everyone has their own way of doing things:)

wheeew!! sorry for the loooong winded post!!

Last edited:

Roll-N-Coal

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a normal day for me. Watch a few YouTube videos 5-15min long. Check Facebook, text messages, a lot of browsing the web, tapatalk, and check email. All on wifi

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox