Accessing drafts saved in gmail on iphone?

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

I was curious since I was able to previously save drafts while using google apps email on my computer and then accessing them later via the iphone, completing them and sending them out. I see that this is no longer the case. Is this an iOS5 limitation or has something changed? I have the google apps email account set up as an exchange account and it was working just fine before. I don't remember this from iOS4 but there might have been an option to sync the drafts folder when you check under settings>mail>Gmail...but it's not there anymore.

Can any one help elucidate this issue? Any ways to get that functionality back without setting the account up as IMAP?

Many thanks!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
weird when I open mail go to where I can see all my accounts and go to the gmail account on bottom all folders are there including drafts

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Is that gmail account set up as an IMAP account or as your exchange account? My issue is that I have a personal gmail account (setup as IMAP) and a work email account which is a google apps account. Due to this, I can only set up one of these as an exchange account (server details are the same so iOS doesn't accept both). Now with my gmail account I can see the Drafts folder and use it as I want. However, I just noticed that with my google apps work account, I cannot access all the drafts. I only see 2 (there are 24 total) and those are older ones...it refreshes but doesn't pull any from the server.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's not only GMail I have the same problem with my work email which is an exchange account. I can't get the drafts which I can see in Outlook. If I make one on my iDevice it will show up in Outlook but not the other way around. I'm sorry to say I haven't found a fix. The only thing I can think of and I'm about to test it. If you go into the settings for the account it has the number of days to sync. Mine was set to 3 Days so I'm thinking anything older than 3 days wont be synced to the device. Mostmof my drafts are older than 3 days. I'll let you know what happens.

Bingo! make the change and see if it works for you :D

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is that gmail account set up as an IMAP account or as your exchange account? My issue is that I have a personal gmail account (setup as IMAP) and a work email account which is a google apps account. Due to this, I can only set up one of these as an exchange account (server details are the same so iOS doesn't accept both). Now with my gmail account I can see the Drafts folder and use it as I want. However, I just noticed that with my google apps work account, I cannot access all the drafts. I only see 2 (there are 24 total) and those are older ones...it refreshes but doesn't pull any from the server.

i have two emaila ccounts setup in my device both from google and there exchange so why cant you set both as exchange?

both mine are exchange and I can see the drafts folder...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is an old thread, but the problem persists: if I begin an email on my iPhone using a Google account set up using Exchange, any draft I save does not get synced to Gmail on my laptop--it only lives on my device.

It's not really a "bug" as it's simply not supported right now. My question is, has anyone come up with a usable workaround other than emailing the draft to yourself? It was an issue for me today because I needed to add some clickable text to an email and couldn't do that on my phone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep not supported. This is limitation of GMail via Exchange on iOS.

The only way to have draft support is to use the GMail template when adding a new mail account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711