Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Default iOS 5.0.1 kills my battery?

On my Sprint iPhone 4, iOS 5 was better with battery than 5.0.1 anyone else have this issue?
    Just remeber: If I helped you or you think my comment was funny, Thank me

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by zackawee27 View Post
    On my Sprint iPhone 4, iOS 5 was better with battery than 5.0.1 anyone else have this issue?
    Really? It's been out for a couple hours and you already made this conclusion? Maybe use it for at least a couple days and report back...
    Thanked by:
    verwon (11-10-2011)
    ChaosShadow and DaPhoneking like this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just downloaded about 30 or so mins ago and haven't notice a change (yet).
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by DaPhoneking View Post
    Same here, it seems to discharge less on idle, but that is just a rough estimation. Need to give it a few days at least to form anything remotely conclusive.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,207 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by zackawee27 View Post
    Its too early for you to honestly tell. Charge it tonight and give it the full day tomorrow to see.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I'll update turn all my features back on and charge and see how tomorrow goes

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

I would give it a few days. The update just came out today. I'm a little worried about this myself because I was getting 7 hours of usage and 2 days of standby time before the update, and I don't want to get less now after this update. I'm going to take a wait and see approach and hope for the best.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by LSglock89 View Post
    Same here, it seems to discharge less on idle, but that is just a rough estimation. Need to give it a few days at least to form anything remotely conclusive.
    That reminds me: Do you have to go through a full discharge cycle to get accurate results?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That reminds me: Do you have to go through a full discharge cycle to get accurate results?
    Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, but I cannot say whether or not you need to.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    iOS Version

have they fixed the wifi sync issues? can anyone confirm?
    iPhone 5s 16gb (8.0)
    MacBook Pro 2.4 (10.10)
    iPod Classic 160gb (grey)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,207 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ckalli View Post
    have they fixed the wifi sync issues? can anyone confirm?
    I haven't had any issues since early betas of its 5.0. It may not just be OS. It could be a iTunes bug.
    iPhone Intermediate

I think you need a few days of usage to tell how the battery is functioning.. At least we did with BlackBerry (that's what I'm coming from).
    Laura Elizebeth Harris on the iBooks Store
    ~Laura~
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

iPad done now too, and the battery did not fall below 100%! (I'm at work- don't have an iPad charger here...)
    iMore Intermediate

You guys can't be serious........You have to give it some time and then draw a conclusion.
    DreamOutLoud65 likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by hoosieriphone View Post
    You guys can't be serious........You have to give it some time and then draw a conclusion.
    yes! Exactly... people chill and give it some time by letting it go thru a cycle or two.. Then evaluate it from there.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Since charging upgrading last night and not charging all night with regular usage, I think mine may have gotten a tiny bit better. And I realize it's a bit soon to say, those just seem to be my initial observations. My battery life with 5.0 was never bad to begin with though.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

If your battery seems to be draining faster after update go back in & check your settings - The update turned on the siri lift to talk & auto time zone settings again on my phone - Shut them back off & battery is back to where it was pre update - I don't think this update did anything other than plug the security hole
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    If your battery seems to be draining faster after update go back in & check your settings - The update turned on the siri lift to talk & auto time zone settings again on my phone - Shut them back off & battery is back to where it was pre update - I don't think this update did anything other than plug the security hole
    My settings stayed exactly the same...which was a huge bonus because whenever I did an OS update on BB I had to reset everything. I love how easy this update process was!
    Laura Elizebeth Harris on the iBooks Store
    ~Laura~
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Battery life is def. better on mine... Starting @ 100% this morning around 7am I am down to about 93% with about a 45 minutes of music playback and a whole bunch of web surfing etc... Yesterday before the update I was at about 75 / 80% at this time.

I'll keep my eye on it over the next few days - standby is def. easier on the battery than before though.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0 b1

It's always recommended that you do a full discharge after an update and once every month regardless of updates. Whether that actually does anything is anyone's guess but it doesn't hurt.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No better on mine!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

So far seems to be better for me. It was already great before 5.01 and now seems to be better. My wife says her's is much better, she's been using it all morning and it's only at 92% now. I used mine since yesterday when I updated till midnight, so about 8 hours, and then left it on my desk (not recharging) and it's at 72%.

I also recommend draining the battery completely, where the iPhone shuts off, then recharging. I did that on 5.0 and it helped a lot.
    iPhone 4S 16GB (Black) | iPhone 4 16GB (Black) | iPhone 3GS 16GB (Black) | iPod Touch 4G (2010)| MacBook 13" Spring 2011 | iPad 3rd Gen (Black)
    @Caballeraz
    iPhone Newbie

I charged my 4s battery to 100% before I went to bed last night. Unplugged from charging at 12:30 a.m. By 8:00 this morning the battery had gone down to 76%. Checked the usage and it showed 6 hours 3 minutes, standby 9 hours 37 minutes. The only thing that is turned on is push email, and I had received 8 emails overnight. I had also closed all apps from the tray, even though I know that they shouldn't affect anything and are not active unless I am actually using them. I am not an iPhone newbie by any stretch of the imagination. Upgrading to 5.0.1 has decidedly NOT been a good thing for me. This is now effectively as bad or worse than my 3g and nowhere near as good as my iPhone 4.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

i didnt pay attention to it.. but probably should. I had no issues with 5.0 and reading this am that some say its worse has me worried. i know last night i was in the 90% range and this AM in the 70% range. i feel like that didnt used to do that. charging now to see what happens by the end of the day.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

No major improvement seen. Seems about the same.
    "We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once." - Friedrich Nietzche
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast