Custom Tones

arogers1

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have read somewhere that you can now set the custom ringtones that you make as SMS tones. I made two ringtones yesterday with Ringtonium and synced with itunes. The ringtones showed up as ringtones but I can not set them as SMS tones. Can someone help me or explain what I am doing wrong. Please!

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have read somewhere that you can now set the custom ringtones that you make as SMS tones. I made two ringtones yesterday with Ringtonium and synced with itunes. The ringtones showed up as ringtones but I can not set them as SMS tones. Can someone help me or explain what I am doing wrong. Please!

Just to be sure, did you scroll all the way on the ringtones/alert tones options? the two are seperated and you can pick ringtones as alert tones and it is my understanding that custom tones will always show up as ringtones. I could be wrong though,

arogers1

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I go to sounds and select text tone and scroll through the text tones to the ringtones and they do not show up there but they do show up when I got to sounds>ringtones they are there.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Also I noticed they need to be less than 30 seconds. Maybe thats your problem as well. Max we can go up to is 40 seconds. Give it another whirl my friend.

Reactions: arogers1

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was able to convert my MP3 SMS tones from my Palm Pre2 into m4r tones that show up on my 4S so I can confirm that it is possible. They all seem to get lumped together, ring and text tones, at the bottom of the list.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
do you have a sprint iPhone 4s? My friend is having this same issue with her sprint iPhone 4s I have a at&t one and they show up for me but not for her..

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would try making them shorter. I make ringtones and text tones using a different method. I could see what I had intended to use as text tones on the phone but couldn't select them as texts until I cut them from 30 seconds to 5-10 seconds. Which is plenty long for a text tone, anyway.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner